Stolen Pixels #36: You Only Hurt the Ones Who Love You

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #36: You Only Hurt the Ones Who Love You

EA has the power to crush you like a bug, but won't use it. Unless, you know, you deserve it.

Selifator

Jul 14, 2008
Then again, you're just being cynical and fail to appreciate what EA is doing for you with this.

Whatever that is.

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
Stolen Pixels fans should check out the deleted scenes over at http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1981. (Shamus Young has not paid me for this plug, which is something I'm going to have to discuss with him.)

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
The EA guy is a model on a pretty standard stock photo site. I don't know his name or anything. He kind of reminds me of Herb Tarlek, which is icing on the cake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Tarlek

broadband

Dec 15, 2007
i dont think you have to be cynical to ask yourself for whats that DRM system, just dont be a blind EA fanboy, if something like that exists.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Now if only EA would release an EULA regarding what constitutes behavior worthy of revoking a user's games.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
It's because they care, guys. Just keep telling yourself that and it'll all be good.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
To be fair, a forum moderator is not exactly a spokescritter for EA. (On the other hand, they're as close as us normal people usually ever get, due to EA's determination to keep developers and customers separated by as large a wall as possible.)

Doesn't excuse having this kind of evil ability, though.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Ahhh, isn't it adorable how nothing quite boosts online piracy like the threat of advanced copy protection?

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Wow, that's really horrible.

Really.

Thankfully I don't play any EA games online, really. But I thought about doing it with C&C 3, and now I really, really don't wish to.

ZombieHordeKila

Dec 12, 2011
haha funny panel, but i think they should only take games from you if you are modding on multiplayer games i dont see a big deal on singleplayer only games.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
So does Valve since Steam could easily lock you out of your games if Valve so wishes. People don't have it in for Valve though, yet.