"Big" Fable 2 Announcement Coming

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
"Big" Fable 2 Announcement Coming

Oooh Lionhead Studios, you're such a tease! What could it be?

It seems Fable 2 fans are in for an exciting surprise next week. Of course, this depends on the surprise itself and what you deem to be exciting. Nevertheless, Fable 2 developers big announcement [http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/Default.aspx] regarding the game to come sometime next week.

From the developer's blog this week: "Normally, we don't like to tease too much. You know, all this hype being generated by teasing the announcement that there will be an announcement in X-number of days. Who cares? But in this day and age where a gazillion titles are asking for your attention, I felt it might be the right thing to do on the blog. We've got some good news for all Fable 2 fans next week, dare I even say it's quite a big announcement? Yes of course I dare say it's a big announcement regarding Fable 2, next week!"

How big of an announcement is it again? Quite a big one. As always, let us now proceed to speculate wildly in the comments section below on what this "big" announcement has in store for Fable 2 fans next week. While you're waiting to find out, don't forget to check out Yahtzee's Fable 2 ruminations [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/346-Fable-2] on the subject. The latter does not in fact use the phrase "carving my buttocks into luncheon meat," but it's still worth a gander.

Crudler

Jun 2, 2008
A new hat pfft I want long flowing locks, uh I mean cloaks.
I hope it's something nice, since now I'm pretty sure I own every business/building on the game. Almost certain I do.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
GothmogII said:
A new hat? Oh god how I've wanted a new hat!
I wouldn't be surprised if it was some cheesy DLC. Hats, shoes, maybe even a fancy 'belt' option.

Ooo! I'm psyched! Maybe I WON'T trade it in for Left 4 Dead.

Oh wait.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Shadow-Knight said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
Magic 8-ball says co-op mode and versus mode.
Vs. would be sweet.
It's definitely a guaranteed way to drag out your game's lifespan nigh indefinitely (people still play Diablo 1). I've never played the game though, are epic items random or is it all very linear and you get a set item on schedule? You'd have to make it so not everyone was equal.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Ooooh, I got it!

A challenge! Nah, that would be out of synch the game's style.

Something like a 10 hours new quest that is actually difficult even with maxed skills and best weapons. You know, where skill was involved. Not fucking likely though is it!

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
Maybe too add to the whole Halo outfit thing they'll release a fucking annoying little blue woman who sits on your head. And I don't mean Smurfette.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
thedrop2zer0 said:
Maybe they will announce that it will be released for PC? ...Or have they already announced that? I haven't really been keeping up with this game.
Seems a bit early for Microsoft to milk the last few drops of this franchise (well aside from offering DLC for a nominal fee, like every company and their dog.) Plus they're is that whole pirate fear going around publishing offices like a plague.

Would be nice though :/

ima420r

Aug 14, 2008
Have they released a fax for the game, for all of the bugs? Maybe they will be nice and finish the game now. Or maybe it WILL just be a hat.

Free Hat? HA! Leave that baby killer in jail. Probably cost 200pts more more I bet.