Movie Game Publisher Sued by Developers

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Movie Game Publisher Sued by Developers

Studios behind such titles as Six Flags Fun Park are suing Brash Entertainment for unpaid development dues.

7 Studios and Slovenian studio Zootfly are both suing Brash Entertainment for avoiding paying the companies for their completed projects. Zootfly, which finished a game based on the Fox television show Prison Break, is seeking $748,000 while 7 Studios is asking for $581,000 for Six Flags Fun Park and 9, a game complimenting the upcoming Tim Burton film of the same name.

Although none of the parties involved would comment directly on the case, 7 Studios Chief Executive Officer Lewis Peterson commented on the release of the Six Flags title, "I honestly believe it would have been the best game Brash had produced," which isn't a bold claim considering Brash's best work during its life was probably the critically crushed Jumper.

Reports reveal that Brash stopped paying many of its development partners months before its collapse, so expect the short-lived publishing house to get pounded by lawsuits for months to come.

Source: Variety [http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/11/brash-sued-by-t.html]

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Ugh, when I see things like this, coupled with EA's colored history, and the grave yard of other past publishers of games, is it any wonder that a developer would want try to skip them all together with online purchases?

While the developers this little tid bit is about may not be triple A per se, I still cringe at the thought of even the poorest of quality developers having to deal with funding problems. Game making really needs a better way to get payroll so varied visions of games can make it to us, the customers.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
CanadianWolverine said:
Ugh, when I see things like this, coupled with EA's colored history, and the grave yard of other past publishers of games, is it any wonder that a developer would want try to skip them all together with online purchases?

While the developers this little tid bit is about may not be triple A per se, I still cringe at the thought of even the poorest of quality developers having to deal with funding problems. Game making really needs a better way to get payroll so varied visions of games can make it to us, the customers.
You know this is why I love companies like Valve, they actually do something to help the game developers have an easier time getting their games out.