Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Finally Dated

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Finally Dated

On November 26, the long, hard road to high definition comes to a close.

Those sly dogs at Capcom slipped the release date for their HD upgrade to Super Street Fighter II Turbo under the guise of a press release intended to promote [http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2008/11/18/sf_hd_remix_the_new_xbox_experience_and_you] its new online storefront within the Xbox 360's new dashboard. The release date, November 26, was placed in a screenshot of its newly dedicated section in the Xbox Live Marketplace and has been confirmed by Capcom.

Originally announced in April 2007, changes [http://games.capcomdigital.com/streetfighterIIhdr/].

While HD Remix was originally intended to see release in 2007, the game suffered a number of setbacks, mostly stemming from the art department. As what Capcom referred to as a "necessary part of development," it relied on an outsourcing firm to reproduce Udon's art. It turns out it had set the bar too high and production fell drastically behind schedule, leaving Capcom and Udon to redo the art for the game and find a new company to outsource the art, essentially rebooting the project.

After a successful beta test earlier this year, Capcom looks to finally have this surprisingly massive project under control as Street Fighter II HD Remix is set for release next week for both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network (albeit, November 25), though the price still remains a mystery.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
What poor fool would buy this for the 360?

I mean, I love it and all...but the D-Pad...seriously.

I suppose there is always the Mad Cats joystiq but still.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Aries_Split said:
What poor fool would buy this for the 360?

I mean, I love it and all...but the D-Pad...seriously.

I suppose there is always the Mad Cats joystiq but still.
Honestly? While there's no replacement for a good arcade stick, I've always found that I play 2D fighters better with the analog stick than the D-Pad... makes roll motions smoother.

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
I'm more interested in the art (I usually suck at Street Fighter).

But I can't agree more that the D-pad for the 360 sucks.