Get Half-Life For 98 Cents

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Get Half-Life For 98 Cents

There's only one more day left to get the original Half-Life for less than a dollar.

Yesterday, Valve celebrated the 10 year anniversary of the original only 98 cents [http://www.valvesoftware.com/games.html].

"Launched 10 years ago...Half-Life was greeted with overwhelming review scores (Metacritic of 96%), earned over 50 Game of the Year Awards, and birthed a franchise with over 20 million units sold to date," Valve's Doug Lombardi said in a press announcement Wednesday.

Picking up the critically acclaimed hit for under a buck is a tasty bargain. The catch: you only have until 12:01 p.m. PST tomorrow to pick it up at the ultra-low price. After that, the game reverts to its previous $9.99 price. Better get moving.

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
Aw, if only I hadn't gotten it free from my cousin!
But I have to say that the Half-Life series always tops all expectations when your on your 50th playthrough and you see something you never noticed before.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Look's like someone's finally getting himself a Steam account. I've been meaning to finally beat that game once and for all.

Stupid impossible elevator shaft jumps >_>

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Look's like someone's finally getting himself a Steam account. I've been meaning to finally beat that game once and for all.

It gets worse than elevators.

Love the game, that and Opposing Forces. Both run alongside each other, yet are very different stories. You even get a glimpse of Freeman.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Its a ground breaking game, we should all wait for it to revert back to the 9.99 just to show our support!

Nahhhh, get it while the gettin's good!

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Picked this up yesterday, funny thing is I was thinking about playing it again a week ago.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
I saw that yesterday and was sat surprised that I had spent £30 I believe on it back in 1998. In addition I was wondering why it was 98 cents for ages, then about 5 minutes later it hit me. It was released in 1998, so '98, 98 cents. I felt so smart after figuring this out.

Nice gimmick Valve, too bad you didn't release Half Life in 1901 heh.

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
the_tramp said:
I saw that yesterday and was sat surprised that I had spent £30 I believe on it back in 1998. In addition I was wondering why it was 98 cents for ages, then about 5 minutes later it hit me. It was released in 1998, so '98, 98 cents. I felt so smart after figuring this out.

Nice gimmick Valve, too bad you didn't release Half Life in 1901 heh.
What about 2000?

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Unknower said:
What about 2000?
Well they can't honestly give it away for free can they. Everyone would download it then, thus cutting off any potential future revenue. At least 98c they are making a little bit. They only logical answer would be $20.00 (2000), which is ridiculous.

"To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Half Life we are more than doubling the price to $20.00!"
GET IT NOW!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Valve further cement themselves as the gaming King of Good Deals.

Lvl 64 Klutz said:

Don't look dooooowwwwwnnnnnn.....
Make sure you play Blue shift and Opposing force, Op For is my favourite game in the half life series (it even has it's own version of a portal gun).

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

You think those jumps were impossible?

It made me cry..

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
AWAR said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

You think those jumps were impossible?

It made me cry..
Now this is an impressive Thread Necro. Congrats.

EDIT: Apparently, I am also bringing this thread back from the dead. But it was in my latest posts section. I am so confused :/