Grand Theft Auto IV DLC Details At Last

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Grand Theft Auto IV DLC Details At Last

The $25 million dollar Xbox 360 exclusive The Lost and Damned arrives on February 17, 2009.

Grand Theft Auto IV's poster child and love for all things distracting, Niko Bellic, will be taking a seat to make room for newcomer Johnny Klebitz as Rockstar's $25 million dollar episode warning [http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/081120/20081120005211.html?.v=1] that the download content may slip into 2009 and that they didn't want expectations to grow into something "enourmous that it [could] never be." From the sounds of it, however, it's just about on par with what the fans were expecting.

In The Lost and Damned players take control of Johnny Klebitz, a member of the biker gang known as The Lost, as seen in the main storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV. With a new character comes a brand-new storyline that is intended to intersect with GTAIV's existing plot, though Houser told USA Today [http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2008-11-19-gta-damned_N.htm] that "The story is not directly impacted by the decisions you took in the main game."

Along with a new plot and missions, The Lost and Damned will also feature new weapons, vehicles, multiplayer modes and of course, additional music. It sounds like a fairly complete package -- almost more like an expansion pack than an episode. As for a price, Dan Houser would like for it to cost consumers $15 or less, but everyone's favorite analyst, Michael Pachter, expects it to check in at the $20 price point.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Oh no. And I just managed to clean myself up. I played GTA relentlessly. My in game addiction level was some reference to some aspect of drug use that even those of my friends who were drug users themselves didn't get. I used to play missions I couldn't get over and over again (especially the goddamnedfucking motorcycle chase missions) like a hamster running in a wheel to get the treat just in front of him. It was ridiculous. Then, finally, one day, I beat the game. I was able to quit cold turkey. The grass was green again. Air smelled fresher. People I hadn't talked to in years appeared in my life. Life was good, even without GTA, and I knew it.

And now Rockstar, like any good dealer, comes up with a brand new package, full of premium product, and waves that around, just daring me to come and get it. We both know I hate the motorcycle missions, but it doesn't care. Rockstar knows I secretly love being able to play the game for hours without getting anywhere.

You bastards, Rockstar.

Here's my $15-$20. Know where I can score some crack?

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
HobbesMkii said:
Oh no. And I just managed to clean myself up. I played GTA relentlessly. My in game addiction level was some reference to some aspect of drug use that even those of my friends who were drug users themselves didn't get. I used to play missions I couldn't get over and over again (especially the goddamnedfucking motorcycle chase missions) like a hamster running in a wheel to get the treat just in front of him. It was ridiculous. Then, finally, one day, I beat the game. I was able to quit cold turkey. The grass was green again. Air smelled fresher. People I hadn't talked to in years appeared in my life. Life was good, even without GTA, and I knew it.

And now Rockstar, like any good dealer, comes up with a brand new package, full of premium product, and waves that around, just daring me to come and get it. We both know I hate the motorcycle missions, but it doesn't care. Rockstar knows I secretly love being able to play the game for hours without getting anywhere.

You bastards, Rockstar.

Here's my $15-$20. Know where I can score some crack?
*pulls up in a dodgy off-white Van with DLC written on the side in Magic Marker*

here sonny.... Want some premium content?