Another Live Action He-Man Film?

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Another Live Action He-Man Film?

By the poooowwweeerrrrr of Graaaayyyssskulllll! He-Man rides again. Maybe.

For <a href= potentially [http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965714.html?categoryid=2430&cs=1&query=he%2Dman] at the helm of the second live action He-Man movie.

Citing anonymous sources this week, Warner Bros. [http://www.latinoreview.com/home] and producer John Silver with a hot presentation on the in-limbo He-Man film and landed the gig as director. I'd save the celebrating for an official announcement, but this could mean the flick is closer to actual fruition.

The last time viewers were treated to a live action He-Man movie, Masters of the Universe, the results were startlingly bad - in a totally awesome way (I should know: I saw it in the theater). Dolph Lundgren's [http://www.dolphlundgren.com/] likeness was spot-on with what the 1987 kid version of me always imagined a real-life He-Man would look like. Plus he wielded a sword and lasers: very cool to a seven-year-old. The movie was horrendously cheesy, even by late-80s standards. I can't wait to be bombarded by the next round of He-Man atrocities, should the second live action film every make it into the theaters. Even a straight-to-DVD release would suffice.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
He-man, I only ever saw it on some show called Toon-Attik (I think that was the name.) But it was pretty darn goooood

Blixt

Nov 20, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Swords, Lasers, Buxom Lasses and Skeletor. How can a film get any better?
Swords and Lasers? Baldercrap! No one show can have it all!

Blixt

Nov 20, 2008
Blixt said:
Blixt said:
Swords, Lasers, Buxom Lasses and Skeletor. How can a film get any better?
Swords and Lasers? Baldercrap! No one show can have it all!
*ahem* Star Wars Original*ahem*
Those were laserswords
Flash Gordon then :p
People at school call me Flash Gordon, but I have never seen it. Wait a second...Wikipedia... Ooooo good quote "The story begins with Earth bombarded by fiery meteors. Dr. Zarkov believes the meteors are from outer space". Yeah you are totally right ROAE (mind if I call you that). Why aren't they making this a movie?

Feb 13, 2008
Blixt said:
People at school call me Flash Gordon, but I have never seen it. Wait a second...Wikipedia... Ooooo good quote "The story begins with Earth bombarded by fiery meteors. Dr. Zarkov believes the meteors are from outer space". Yeah you are totally right ROAE (mind if I call you that). Why aren't they making this a movie?
Do you mean the Black and White Movie, the 80's movie or the 2010 movie? :)

Watch the 80's movie and indulge yourself in a quatro formaggio delight. :)

TROAE, ROAE or Root I answer to. :)

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
...Damn. Did they not learn from the last live action He-man film! Plus with all those gay overtones you'd be getting idiot parents complaining about it 24/7.

Blixt

Nov 20, 2008
Blixt said:
Do you mean the Black and White Movie, the 80's movie or the 2010 movie? :)

Watch the 80's movie and indulge yourself in a quatro formaggio delight. :)

TROAE, ROAE or Root I answer to. :)
I read that wrong, and I thought you said Black and White would be a good movie, which it could given the right director, Scorcese could make it deep if it does a Raging Bull touch with it. But thanks a lot for the Gordon movie dates! Imma check them out

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
Fucking awesome! He-Man along with Thundercats, Bravestar and TMNT were the greatest things ever! The first film is brilliantly cheesy and Skeletor really kicked ass. The only problem is that they'll probably cast a bunch of douches as Skeletor and He-Man.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Never did get into He-Man as a kid, just could figure out what was the thing got other kids into it. Not trying to bash it but just wondering about it.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
TheNecroswanson said:
I..... I think I just messed my pants. I haven't had a really hardcore geekgasm in a long time, but He-Man, Thundercats and TMNT were cartoons I watched religiously, and the thought of a new He-Man movie just gets my nerdy engine revving.
This is doomed to epicness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundercats#Movies
Second paragraph.

Feb 13, 2008
dalek sec said:
Never did get into He-Man as a kid, just could figure out what was the thing got other kids into it. Not trying to bash it but just wondering about it.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HdGR54Sd8NQ

Dammit, I suck at embedding.