"Sex Text" Teacher Meets Student Through Warcraft

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
"Sex Text" Teacher Meets Student Through Warcraft

A British teacher has been caught trying to seduce one of her students through text messages and one of Blizzard's games.

The secret relationship between one London teacher and her 14-year old student supports the argument that gaming should be kept out of the education system, lest some sex-crazed woman try to seduce a child.

Forty-two year old Lynn Walls met her male student online in one of the Warcraft games (whether it was World of Warcraft or an earlier Blizzard real-time strategy game is unknown). As they built their in-game friendship, she managed to ask him for his phone number and began texting him outside of class. These texts slowly began turning sexually graphic, with Walls explaining explicit sex acts that she would do to the student if they were to meet in person.

Walls was discovered when the boy's father found his phone and read the incriminating text messages. The police arrested the teacher creeper, but freed her following an unknown bail payment. The punishment for inciting a child under 16 into sexual acts is serious enough for potential jail time and a place on the sex offenders register indefinitely.

Judge Guy Whitburn of the Newcastle Crown Court, stated, "This is very, very disturbing....I warn you, this offence is so serious a custodial sentence cannot be ruled out."

Source: Mirror [http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/tm_headline=sex-text-teacher-facing-jail&method=full&objectid=20923897&siteid=115875-name_page.html] via GameCulture [http://www.gameculture.com/node/923]

SinisterDeath

Nov 6, 2006
Huh, the only thing I have to wonder about this is.
1) Was it coincidental? If its wow, Unlikely, there are TONS of servers.
2) Did she actually know how old the kid was? IF so, I can totally see her getting put behind bars, If not, then its just going to put even more question into 'online-relationships'...
3) People who 'get together' from playing a game like wow, Are idiots. ;)

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
Eww, Ewwwwww. Remember kiddies, you should never give your personal information out to people in online games. You just never know who's on the other end.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
How awkward must it have been to be in that class, if the pupil and teacher knew who the other was.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Damn, I don't even wanna imagine one of my teachers - yeah, scarred for life now...

ImmortalItalian

Oct 19, 2008
SinisterDeath said:
You sir, are the idiot. I'm married to someone I originally met in an MMO. We now live together etc. Married. Now I'm not sure what you mean by 'get together' but I can assure you we are no idiots.

Back on subject. That's creepy, well if she knew. It's all confusing.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
SinisterDeath said:
False, I've my the love of my life through WoW, and she lived nearby, too. Been together for a year now. We are not "idiots." I assure you.

EDIT: Also, that teacher needs to be behind bars from that move.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
While this is all horrible & so on, the question that tends to first spring to my mind when I here about this stuff is 'was she hot?' I blame South Park

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Judge Guy Whitburn said:
"This is very, very disturbing...."
I like that quote. And right he is.

EDIT:

Cousin_IT said:
While this is all horrible & so on, the question that tends to first spring to my mind when I here about this stuff is 'was she hot?' I blame South Park
I guess this kind of stuff is pretty popular in fantasies.

Or so I heard. From a friend.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
WoW is worse than say...an online dating service...why? I happen to know a charming couple who met through WoW and they're still going strong.

Anyway, as for the topic, this isn't anything new. Yet another student-teacher relationship. Bit creepy, bit illegal, but hardly anything new, unfortunately.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
If it was a student of legal age, I'd think this was more funny than worrying.
Still, bad conduct.

SinisterDeath

Nov 6, 2006
Amnestic said:
WoW is worse than say...an online dating service...why? I happen to know a charming couple who met through WoW and they're still going strong.
Well for one thing, an online dating service tends to have 'safety checks' to make sure people ARE of the right age, by requiring credit card information and such things.
Either way you are still taking a risk that the person on the other end isn't just some jack-ass trying to 'score a piece of ass', or a 'jack-ass' pretending to be a hot girl...
Don't know if you remember it or not, but there was this 'guild' with a 'couple' a guy and a 'girl', that had been 'seeing each other' in game for well over a year, and un-beknowest to the guy, the entire guild knew the girl was actually a dude.
And one reason I say you'd have to be an idiot for finding someone in the game is becuase the above is a VERY REAL possibility.
Also, like in this article, You don't know how old the other pereson really is.

For all you know, I am 90 years old, Or I could be 6, So thats why I have to question, DID the teacher ACTUALLY know it was one of her students? Was it a just a coincidence?
Did she KNOW it was her student, and did she KNOWINGLY join the game, to get hte kid to tell him the info and do that stuff?

If she did know, she belongs behind bars.
If she didn't know, and she thought the kid was in his 20s, I don't see the problem, If anything I'd say 'its over, continue = jail.

Also, I know several people who were BF/GF in real Life, and then Played games like Wow, and they are awesome, Mostly because ones always a tank, and ones always a healer. ;)
But basing a relationship around a game sounds like something dumb to me.

"Wow, your a good team player, Wanta hook up later?"
IF any relationship in those games are like that, you would have to be an idiot, IF not, then all the more power to ya. ;)

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Goodness. Well, teachers seducing students isn't a new thing, but doing it via video games is kinda new.

JamesR

Nov 18, 2007
Tbh does a guy with the username "SinisterDeath" have any right to take about love lives?

Anyway, as the saying goes: Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Free the woman!

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Lt. Sera said:
The real question here is: Is she hot?
thats exactly what i was thinking cause think about it haven't any of you had a teacher that was hot and you thought dam i'd tap that

although ya this is kinda messed up because they met in a game and it continued from there