Destroy All Humans To See European PS3 Release

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Destroy All Humans To See European PS3 Release

PS3 owners will still get to play the latest Destroy All Humans game, as long as they live in Europe.

THQ has clarified the situation regarding the cancellation of Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon on the PS3, saying that the cancellation only applies to America.

THQ announced the cancellation of the PS3 version on Thursday, citing 'development issues' as the reason behind the decision; but a THQ UK representative has announced that the game will be released in Europe on both Xbox 360 and PS3 early next year.

The representative went on to say, "Due to the game being shipped earlier in North America on 2nd December a decision was made to proceed exclusively with the Xbox 360 format in that market."

Destroy All Humans: Path of Furon is schedule for release in Europe in February 2009.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=320466]

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
I should feel sorry, but the odds are, region coding will not be on the disc, so you can import it. Oh wait, you have to pay OUR prices.

Uskis

Apr 21, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
I should feel sorry, but the odds are, region coding will not be on the disc, so you can import it. Oh wait, you have to pay OUR prices.
Oh snap ;)

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
Well, there's a surprise. Europe getting it better than America? That's a first.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Nimbus said:
Wait, since when were dev issues region-based? I call BS.
yeah me too once i read that, i so wanted my crypto bobble head from ebgames for the preorder

i think that something's wrong here

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Nimbus said:
I believe that the subtext here is that they don't have enough time to finish both versions in North America, but as it's being release in Europe late, they do.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
nilcypher said:
Nimbus said:
I believe that the subtext here is that they don't have enough time to finish both versions in North America, but as it's being release in Europe late, they do.
This is likly the official reason. Behind the scenes subtly influencing the decision however is probably the fact that the PS3 leads the 360 in sales in Europe, but not America. Someone might have decided a ps3 port in America simply wasn't cost effective for the numbers.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Am I just clueless about the franchaise, or doesn't it take place in America?
Is there a greater conspiracy here?!

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Yes, the game will actually be called Destroy All Americans here. Us Euros will be just fine. In fact, the aliens will be drinking tea and eating crumpets with Gordon Brown after the country across the pond has been turned into a glowing glass parking lot. End credits roll with the Soviet anthem blaring on the background.

That's why there won't be any US release.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
nilcypher said:
Nimbus said:
This is likly the official reason. Behind the scenes subtly influencing the decision however is probably the fact that the PS3 leads the 360 in sales in Europe, but not America. Someone might have decided a ps3 port in America simply wasn't cost effective for the numbers.
But if they are going to be developing the PS3 version anyway, it seems odd not to release it later in North America, don't you think?

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Heh, when I read the title I thought it was asking for me to desroy humanity so that the PS3 can go to Europe.

I liked the first one, it's a shame Americans miss out but it is good they see what it's like to be the "other" guy. Damn censorship...

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
nilcypher said:
Nimbus said:
That doesn't make a bit of sense. If they have the game already ported for Europe, why not just release that in the USA as well? The work is already done, it doesn't make a bit of sense to not release it in every market they can to get the maximum number of sales. Something is a bit fishy here, and I suspect we aren't getting even a small part of the story. If the explanation makes no sense, someone is lying.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
This doesn't affect me at all because I don't live in America and I don't have a PS3. DAH3 should be fun but it's not going to be the most groundbreaking game ever so if you're less fortunate than me I wouldn't worry too much about it.