Black Friday Idiots Fight Over Xbox 360s

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Black Friday Idiots Fight Over Xbox 360s

As this video will so amply demonstrate, nothing brings out the best in humanity like the festive holiday combination of Black Friday, Wal-Mart shoppers and a single, solitary palette of Xbox 360s [http://www.xbox.com].

There's not much to say about this one: A swarm of crazed shoppers throw themselves at a stack of Xbox 360/body count [http://www.guitarhero.com].

The original video posted at YouTube [http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/11/29/video-black-friday-shoppers-brawl-over-last-360/]. Congratulations to everyone who took part; the example you set for your children and others around you will no doubt inspire the next generation of cheeseburger-sucking meatheads to even greater heights of selfish, callous and reprehensible behavior.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Ok, prior apologies for language, here, but my tirade can't be held in any longer.

Fuck average American consumers. Seriously, they can all go burn in hell for all I care. I love Christmas, but all I ever hear from friends and like-minded people is how much they hate the season thanks to assholes like these. Thank you, jackasses. Thank you for turning the public image of my favorite time of the year into an almost satirical display of Capitalism at it's worst. >_>

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
Well, I laughed. This is the prime example of why to keep yourself away from anything that sounds like an angry mob.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Geez, I was just flipping through another news report on this and one of the employees was bitching that the price drop wasn't even that significant.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I just love how the guy holding the camera is laughing at them. Too bad more people weren't laughing louder so that people could suddenly realize they should be ashamed of themselves.

*sigh*

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Still isn't as bad as people gunning down other people on PS3 launch day.

But it's up there.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
smallharmlesskitten said:
Once...again.....can someone offer me a deal on some Nukes....(I will allow the Escapist Staff to evacuate first)
Can I be allowed to evacuate and go back home as well? I would fully agree with any action you take.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Ok, prior apologies for language, here, but my tirade can't be held in any longer.

Fuck average American consumers. Seriously, they can all go burn in hell for all I care. I love Christmas, but all I ever hear from friends and like-minded people is how much they hate the season thanks to assholes like these. Thank you, jackasses. Thank you for turning the public image of my favorite time of the year into an almost satirical display of Capitalism at it's worst. >_>
Spot On.

I've only heard of this Black Friday thing thanks to links i've been getting from friends and...well its fucked up.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

"Fuck average American consumers"? What the hell merits this? These guys aren't the average American consumers. They might act like raving loonies, but if your average Joe wants a 360, he strolls into a Best Buy and picks one up. And you can moralize it all you want, but Capitalism is the only thing that keeps the world turning. Without these ninnies buying XBoxes and all the other crap during the holidays, we'd be back to trading chickens.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Jobz said:
Once...again.....can someone offer me a deal on some Nukes....(I will allow the Escapist Staff to evacuate first)
Can I be allowed to evacuate and go back home as well? I would fully agree with any action you take.
Anyone who is part of the Escapist then

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
m_jim said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

"Fuck average American consumers"? What the hell merits this? These guys aren't the average American consumers. They might act like raving loonies, but if your average Joe wants a 360, he strolls into a Best Buy and picks one up. And you can moralize it all you want, but Capitalism is the only thing that keeps the world turning. Without these ninnies buying XBoxes and all the other crap during the holidays, we'd be back to trading chickens.
I said "average American consumers," because these are the kinds of things we see after Black Friday, and I wanted to clarify that I have nothing against all American consumers, being one myself. Secondly, I have nothing against Capitalism, I was only saying behavior like this makes it look bad.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
Jobz said:
Anyone who is part of the Escapist then
Hooray!

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
I fail to understand why people do that, over here in scotland we've never ever seen anything like that before

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
There were some reeeeeal fat people in that clip. Not surprisingly they seemed to have grabbed a box for themselves. I wouldnt wanna stand in the way of those oncoming boulders :-D