King of Fighters Movie Details Revealed

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
King of Fighters Movie Details Revealed

The film adaptation of SNK's fighting series will feature a sci-fi plot, star Maggie Q and the guy who played Darth Maul.

Directed by Star Wars: The Phantom Menace [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0150906/]." No details were divulged as to who is playing who, or if original series characters would even be present.

Storywise, the film adds a sci-fi twist to the King of Fighters formula. The plot follows the descendants of three fighting clans who are somehow teleported to other dimensions by some evil force. While they're doing battle with the bad guys in these dimensions, the person responsible for it all is putting in motion a plan to take over our world.

King of Fighters the movie is slated for a 2010 release. Prepare yourselves.

[Via Game|Life [http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/12/king-of-fighter.html]]

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007

These people can go fuck themselves. And I don't credit a lot of people with this ability!

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
You know, usually the guys behind vid game movies at least try to make it sound kinda cool? I make it a habit of reserving judgement until it is released, but this description makes it really hard.

Milkman Dan

Sep 11, 2008
Gordon Chan directed Fist of Legend, which is one of my favorite martial arts movies, and I see he was involved in other favorite movies of mine such as Hard Boiled. But that summary REALLY doesn't inspire confidence. And the aforementioned movies had the likes of Jet Li and Chow Yun Fat involved.

TomNook

Feb 21, 2008
Milkman Dan said:
Gordon Chan directed Fist of Legend, which is one of my favorite martial arts movies, and I see he was involved in other favorite movies of mine such as Hard Boiled. But that summary REALLY doesn't inspire confidence. And the aforementioned movies had the likes of Jet Li and Chow Yun Fat involved.
Darth Maul/Toad is the man.

Snakktastic

Dec 2, 2008
Well will this stand up and be awesome or just end up like DoA. lol wtf am I thinking its going to shit the game's wore shit and this movie will be shit. Sorry but its a game to movie translation so its going fail.