Real-Life Mario Kart Action

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Real-Life Mario Kart Action

Do Not Try This At Home: An intrepid Mario fan has created and posted a real-life Mario Kart [http://www.mariokart.com/] video, complete with tossed bananas and, apparently, getting busted by the cops.

That last bit may not have actually been in the game, but it was in the cards for Remi Gaillard, who tricked out a kart, dressed up like the world's most famous Italian plumber and went bombing around the streets, weaving in and out of traffic and tossing bananas under the wheels of passing cars. None of the cars went spinning out of control and lost several spots in traffic, sad to say, or even seemed to notice.

The gag is apparently part of a French "hidden camera show" that features stunts described as "surreal and very visual." Gaillard began making his videos after losing his job at a shoe store, and first came to national prominence when he was able to insert himself into the celebrations of the French soccer cup finals, dressed as a player, and even received personal congratulations from then-President Jacques Chirac.

Remi Kart can be seen on YouTube or at Gaillard's own site, nimportequi.com [http://www.nimportequi.com/], where he's posted over 100 other videos as well. (Check out L'Astronaute while you're there, it's pretty good.)

Rosszul

Oct 15, 2008
That's just absurd. Great video though. I loled when the banana got smushed by the motorcycle.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Oh man that Astronaut one was WAY funnier than the Mario Kart video.
Absolutely hilarious.

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Oh man that Astronaut one was WAY funnier than the Mario Kart video.
Absolutely hilarious.
Haha it is! Where can I get a pair of those shoes?!

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I hate to be that guy, but isn't throwing bananas at speeding cars dangerous?

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Nimbus said:
Probably only if the other drivers decide to road rage on him, which it looked like one driver nearly did at 0:44

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
i lkoved this, its great, even if abit wierd...

im not sure what i would do if im on my driving lesson and he drove up and started throwin bananas at me xD

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Nimbus said:
Yeah, but not as dangerous as encouraging pissed off Police to chase you in a van while you're in a go-Kart.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Hahaha I love Remi Gaillard.
Don't know how he is not in jail with some of the stuff he does.

Again, the Escapist has introduced me to something ridiculously awesome.
Thanks.

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
It played the star power music when he got the mushroom! Not impressed....

Nah ok, it rocked still

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
Despite the near-fatal illegality of stuff like this, I think people should do it more often. I wanna see some Zelda stunts! Let's go people!