Stolen Pixels #44: Onward and Upward

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #44: Onward and Upward

It's all for one and one for all in the murderous World of Goo

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
But later on you get gooballs that can be detached after you place them! It's just those poor un-evolved basic goo balls that are forever trapped in a prison of their own creation. :(

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
Well, that's good news . . . Nobody else ever delights in my Stalinesque rule over them.

illiterate

Sep 10, 2008
DaveMc-- That's what makes me play unification in Masters of Orion.

If I assume my people are hive minded, it makes me feel less guilty about using self-destruct tactically.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
illiterate said:
DaveMc-- That's what makes me play unification in Masters of Orion.

If I assume my people are hive minded, it makes me feel less guilty about using self-destruct tactically.
Unification owns (at least I think it does). Ship production is a breeze when your people is a hive mind ;D

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
You've just lost PoG one potential sale.
I'm a stone cold in-game killer. I can throw hundreds of my loyal soldiers to their deaths in Total War; I shamelessly snipe an enemy - another human being - right between the eyes in any FPS that allows me the pleasure; I sometimes throw grenades and shoot rockets into CQ battles if I'm sure the gain outweighs the potential loss. But something about that poor goo ball, with his bulging eyes and his crushed optimism, broke me inside; I could never play a game that would sacrifice such a creature so callously.

PS: Goddamn, I still want that pony badge like mad. Who must I service Chris Slack style to get me one 'a them?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I am superlame,

I JUST Discovered that Shamus was in fact responsible for "DM of the Rings" as well as "Stolen Pixels"

Shamus, my hat is off to you, and I most assuredly am actually wearing one.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Almost seemed like you were leading up to a 'Tower of Babel' joke, so I was a bit thrown off by the end.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Kross said:
But later on you get gooballs that can be detached after you place them! It's just those poor un-evolved basic goo balls that are forever trapped in a prison of their own creation. :(
Trying to get to the top, hoping that more gooballs die so they can get to the non-existant top.

"Ohh ohh ladder to heaven!"

P1p3s

Jan 16, 2009
i desperately want to place this now - and keep up the great work - I'm loving this more and more

EDIT: realises she's a little late on the bandwagon

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
First there should be planning constest about how can use the least people and person with the least points will die first :) That's a game of life.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
That was the most disturbing depiction of World of Goo I've ever heard, and the game has it's kind of creepy quirks already.

I thank you for enlightening me. I'll be setting up my own human-bone ladder selling corporation soon! (30% of profit to you if you claim it)