A BAFTA for Batman

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
A BAFTA for Batman

The Caped Crusader has been honored by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. The Lego version of him that is.

It's hard to think of many things more fun than a blending of brooding superheroes and Danish construction toys, and apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so. LEGO Batman, the latest LEGO based offering from developer TT Games, has taken the top honor at this week's Children's BAFTA awards, beating off stiff competition from the likes of Mario Kart and Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

BAFTA has a long history of recognizing child-friendly media, presenting its first such awards in 1969. Jonathan Smith, Head of Production at TT Games, said, "We're absolutely thrilled with this win... It crowns a brilliant year for us."

Source: GameDaily [http://www.gamedaily.com/games/lego-batman-the-videogame/pc/game-news/lego-batman-wins-best-game-at-childrens-bafta-awards]

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Er...well, congratz to the developers I guess. I didn't think it was that good really...but, I guess, considering the moribund crap that is 'children's' gaming, it's no wonder it won.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I think this game deserved it. The lego games may be getting a bit old now, but they are greta games for kids. I played it with my little 6 year old cousin a while back and never seen him get so excited.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
I actually think Professor Layton and Mario Kart were better games, but what can you do.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
I actually liked the demo of this game. I think the Lego games are really fun. Great time wasters, too.