The Xbox 420

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
The Xbox 420

Red Rings of Death? More like the Red Rings of dude...what?

Now, we here at The Escapist are not ones to promote the use of marijuana, which is totally illegal. We do, however, applaud the creativity of those champions of DIY who take useless things, like say, a bricked 360, and turn them, through ingenious homebrew engineering, into devices by which you could, potentially, smoke tobacco or marijuana or what have you.

Looks like whoever cooked this bad boy up gutted the inside of their 360, set up a chamber and some intricate tubing and stuck it inside the console, and then led the tubing out of the back where one of the cords would usually plug in. The bowl, which is where you'd place your smokable substance of choice and is made from a socket bit in this case, is at the top where you hard-drive would go. Also, a nice touch: the connect button, which you normally use to sync up controllers, has been drilled out and turned into a port to let air into the bong. To top it all off, the machine has been painted shiny black.

Creative design aside, is this really practical? I mean, the 360 is a huge box, and on top of that, just not very aesthetically pleasing. I guess it's better than just throwing away a bricked system, but it seems like it'd be kind of a pain to use. I mean, if you were to use it, which you totally shouldn't. Anyway.

[Via Gizmodo [http://i.gizmodo.com/5168305/xbox-360-bong-will-give-you-the-red-eyes-of-laziness#viewcomments]]

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
It's kind of cool I suppose, those things come in all shapes and sizes anyway. It's a talking point, or inane babbling point, depending on how intoxicated you are.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
Not my scene with the drugs and what not, but this is big enough to have more than one tube. It should have been turned into a Hookah pipe so as to enjoy it with your friends. Also, the lighter should be stored in the slot for the USBs, practicality is key here.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
TheNecroswanson said:
I still think the PS3 grill wins.
nah man, just totally goes along with the xbox 420. One to get baked, the other to grill the much needed munchies on. Finally, a way to end the console war!

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I'm surprised we haven't heard of this earlier, I mean half the people on live have somehow incorporated 420 into their name, I doubt most of them actually smoke regularly, but still.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
uppitycracker said:
TheNecroswanson said:
nah man, just totally goes along with the xbox 420. One to get baked, the other to grill the much needed munchies on. Finally, a way to end the console war!
Genius.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
uppitycracker said:
TheNecroswanson said:
You win.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
uppitycracker said:
TheNecroswanson said:
/thread

Pure genius.

NeverAiling

Mar 10, 2009
I bet that the escapists are all potheads. Btw this is mildly awesome.

It would have been more awesome if they had used a NES.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
SaintWaldo said:
Keane Ng said:
a port to let air into the bong.
Way to fake not knowing what a "carburetor" is, dude. ;)
I wrote "carb" into the first draft of the story, but I figured it would be too jargon-y, and besides, why would I even know what a carb is in the first place?!?!?!

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Keane Ng said:
I wrote "carb" into the first draft of the story, but I figured it would be too jargon-y, and besides, why would I even know what a carb is in the first place?!?!?!
If you can't jet a carb you have no business driving a car!
[/offtopic pseudo old-person rant]

Part of the post reminded me of "You're watching Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery".