This Week In Gaming History

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
This Week In Gaming History

Stave off the oncoming holidays this week in gaming history with Commander Keen and an installment in the iconic Final Fantasy series.

Read Full Article

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Ah...Commander Keen, I can still hear that high pitched scrunch as you bounce a pogo off a near impossible jump. I wonder if a game today could get away with so blatantly encouraging the player to just collect junk food for points. Everything in the game was pizza, soda, candy bars....if I remember that title for anything, it's always making me hungry.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I loved Commander Keen.
I had 'Goodbye Galaxy' and 'Keen Dreams' and highly enjoyed them both!

Ahh...it was a simpler time...a happy time...when a man could be happy shooting slugs with his little ray gun, pogo jumping off of red bouncy balls, or riding said balls across the entire level.

*Starts digging through old diskettes*

Retodon8

Jun 25, 2008
Like I just said over at Tom Hall's blog [http://tomtomtom.wordpress.com/2008/12/15/meeeeemorieeeeeeeees/], Commander Keen rocks!

Yaky

Nov 19, 2008
Haha I love commander Keen, I was playing it before I'd even heard of Mario.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Invasion of the Vorticons? I'd forgotten that name - it does sound awfully similar to Vortigon though, doesn't it?

18 years ago, and I still have fond memories of Commander Keen, even though I wasn't particularly adept at it.