Hamill, Conroy to Reprise Batman Roles for Upcoming Game

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Hamill, Conroy to Reprise Batman Roles for Upcoming Game

Arkham Asylum turns into an "Animated Series [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Animated_Series]" reunion as the fan favorites join lead writer Paul Dini.

Finally, something to be excited about when it comes to a new videogame starring the Batman: Arkham Asylum [http://www.comicvine.com/batman/29-1699/][/I].

Hamill, who is best known for his role in the original "Star Wars" trilogy, has played the role of the sadistic Joker throughout many different series, including the entire run of "Batman: The Animated Series," "Birds of Prey [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Mask_of_the_Phantasm] TV series (such a guilty pleasure), they had Hamill do the voice over for the Joker while an actor played the role off-screen.

Kevin Conroy is no slouch either, having played the role of "Rise of Sin Tzu [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Star_Batman_and_Robin_the_Boy_Wonder#Reception][/I].

So even if the game turns out to be a total stinker (fingers crossed that it won't), at least we get to hear Hamill and Conroy go at it one more time. That's enough for at least a rental, right?

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
It occurs to me that this might be utter blasphemy to some people BUT if a certain billion dollar grossing film were to have a sequel made BUT a certain celebrity was not available to reprise a certain role...I think Hamil could do the gig.

Particularly if they did the plot of 'Return of the Dark Knight' and had everyone be old men.

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
It occurs to me that this might be utter blasphemy to some people BUT if a certain billion dollar grossing film were to have a sequel made BUT a certain celebrity was not available to reprise a certain role...I think Hamil could do the gig.

Particularly if they did the plot of 'Return of the Dark Knight' and had everyone be old men.
Nah ... Hamil's work as the Joker is the absolute best, but he's not exactly the best physical actor. Besides, like you said, he's getting on in the years.

Even though they clearly wanted two films with Heath, at this point I think it'd be best for them to bring in a new villain and make a brief mention of the Joker being locked up in Arkham. That way, should they decide to make another Nolanverse film, they could bring the Joker back with a new actor and at that point, possibly even a new Batman. They need to let some more time pass before they replace Heath Ledger for that role.

Also cheers to the OP for making an 'All Star' reference even though that story completely sucked good job.
But it's so fun. You have to read Frank Miller's The Goddamn Batman like a satire. Only then can it be stomached!

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
I suddenly have a major reason to believe I will be buying this game. Those guys can simply make the game work.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
As long as Harley is in it, I'll be watching.
I was just wondering about that... Does Harley exist in this "universe? She didn't exist in the original comics, right?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
This is pretty good news. I'm going to engage in a spot of naive hope and say that if they are concerned with getting the voices right, then maybe quality is pretty high on their agenda.

*crosses fingers and wishes, really, really hard*

Edit:
Dectilon said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
As long as Harley is in it, I'll be watching.
I was just wondering about that... Does Harley exist in this "universe? She didn't exist in the original comics, right?
Harley proved so popular in the animated series that she was later brought into the comics, so her appearance in the game, while not assured, is certainly possible.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
TheNecroswanson said:
Awesomesausage! I saw a preview for it on the Dark Knight DVD, it looked sweet. And now I hear Hamil and Conroy are going to be in it? HELLS YES! If this game turns out to be bad I shall still buy six copies.
Hamil was the best Joker ever. Period.
I second this.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Kevin Conroy = The Batman

Well, since I got into Batman from the Animated series he is.

He's still the perfect combination of authority and concern.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
rossatdi said:
Kevin Conroy = The Batman

Well, since I got into Batman from the Animated series he is.

He's still the perfect combination of authority and concern.
Plus his Batman voice doesn't sound like sandpaper rubbing a goat to death.

Nov 28, 2007
Mark Hamill in=game on my personal radar. Kevin Conroy is just icing on the awesome cake.

Indigo_Dingo said:
Hamil... Isn't he also Senator Stampingston? That was always a good character.
Don't forget his role as "Cocknocker" in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.