Christians Attack "Gay Agenda" in PC Game

Feb 13, 2008
Christians Attack "Gay Agenda" in PC Game

Conservative Christians have been up in arms over a certain PC game "pushing the homosexual agenda". The game in question? Classic board game The Game of Life [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_of_Life].

For those who are unfamiliar, in Life you drive your little car around a track the represents your path through life, moving from "leaving school" to "marriage" and "buying a house" until "retirement," collecting pegs to represent your spouse and children, while trying to build up enough money to retire rich.

Hasbro's PC version [http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/gameoflifehasbro.jsp] of the popular Milton Bradley [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Bradley_Company] board game was first brought to the attention of the Conservative Christian site World Net Daily [http://www.worldnetdaily.com/] by a concerned mother.

"You know how kids are," said the unnamed mother. "My daughter noticed right away (even before I did) and clicked on one of the girls instead of one of the men and then asked, 'Mom, how come I can marry a woman?' And then that led into a lot more questions that, quite frankly, I was not ready to talk to my 6-year-old about."

She continued, "I went back to the web site and left a very respectful review of the game just stating that this kind of thing should be left out of kids' games, and the Shockwave.com administrator removed my post, stating it was inappropriate. I had no idea how insidious they were being with pushing the homosexual agenda."

The modern version of the board game, made back in 1960, allowed for gay marriages as well; there was nothing preventing players from having a pair of pink or blue pegs representing their married couple.

What it didn't allow for, which annoyed me far more as a child, was the ability to bypass marriage altogether; as at that time girls were just yucky anyway.

via: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/christian-conservatives-attack-gay-agenda-in-pc-game-124725.phtml]

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
It's times like this I'm seriously considering going Buddhist.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, YOU ARE AN IDIOT YOU STUPID MORON! Your daughter is just intelligent, and if you are a homophobe, then to hell with you, you intolerant...

Gah. I think I can stop wasting my words, thick skulls cannot be penetrated by any force. Except for a physical one.

grinklehi

Sep 10, 2008
Okay, this is going a little off the deep end, now isn't it? A mother gets a game that is just a copy-paste from a board game from the 60's and decides she hates one feature from said classic game? Well, it's her kids and her household, and I'm not one to go around criticizing someone else's life, but all I have to say is that living in a household like that can be very stifling.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
I'd be careful about characterizing WorldNetDaily as either conservative or Christian so much as out and out flakey.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
All the more reason for me to go to Paganism... Sometimes it just seams like Christians are always looking for something to complain about.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I think "attacks" may be exaggerrating a little bit.

Although I disgaree with her objection it's not like she started a protest or trolled the internet about it.

RedDiablo

Nov 8, 2008
As a Christian, this gets me angry. it's a darn game people, it's not Satan's instrument of destruction.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
I like how seemingly intelligent people one minute digress to babbling fools the next. You take offence of being a monkey at some point? lol.

"The louder you shout 'I hate gays!' the more gay you becoming."
- The Law of Bentley

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
This is why God fearing parents should only let their children play wholesome entertainment games like GTA or Gears of War.

/sarcasm.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
TheNecroswanson said:
Hail Satan my dark lord and master.

Anyway, this is just stereotypical homophobia if anything. It's not really news, it's just, stuff. I must study this stupid, and then, I will some day cure it.
I wish you the best of luck, sir. However I fear the stupid will find a way to cure you first.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
link670 said:
All the more reason for me to go to Paganism... Sometimes it just seams like Christians are always looking for something to complain about.
thats not true they dont constantly complain...well...ya its seems like its damn near impossible for them not to complain about something...kinda like Jack Thompson, who i think is christian btw

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
I don't get the "homosexual agenda" thing. So we're all going to turn gay and then humans will go extinct? So their goal is the destruction of humanity? I don't buy that.
I always assumed the point of Life was to make any choice you wanted. However crazy or impossible. I once ended world pollution. Maybe I did it with a genie?

Kedcom

Feb 15, 2008
"pushing the gay agenda" she says... what? You mean the we-should-all-have-equal-rights agenda? This is bad how?

The paranoia of homophobes astounds me sometimes. I've yet to meet a gay person ever who has any interest in 'turning' non-gays to their sexuality. The whole notion is ludicrous.

IT'S NOT A CHOICE, IT JUST HAPPENS. And attacking people who do happen to be gay is pretty much pathetic and says a lot more about the attacker than the people they attack.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
KValentine said:
This is why God fearing parents should only let their children play wholesome entertainment games like GTA or Gears of War.

/sarcasm.
"Mommy, should I use a chainsaw on my sister like the mister on our TV?"

"Mommy, can I pick up some hoes and do a drive-by with my bros, *****?"