Noisy Danish Gamers Busted By SWAT

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Noisy Danish Gamers Busted By SWAT

Two men in Denmark received a nasty surprise when their noisy gaming session was interrupted by the police - in the form of a full-scale SWAT raid.

The pair were heavily involved in an unnamed QJ.net [http://www.playstation.com], leading a concerned neighbor to call the police. But the call wasn't an every-day noise complaint: The neighbor apparently mistook the ruckus for a real-life gun battle, because shortly thereafter a SWAT team showed up. Who knew Denmark had a SWAT team?

Anyway, the unit took up positions and called the duo out with a megaphone. Since they weren't actually doing anything wrong besides playing the game a little too loudly, they surrendered immediately and were arrested on suspicion of shooting up the place. The apartment was searched and no weapons were found - just a really kick-ass sound system - and the men were later released, probably with a warning to keep it down - or to buy some headphones.

via: GamePolitics [http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/01/13/swat-team-takes-down-pair-ps3-gamers]

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
I can see the look on their faces right now.

JACKBAUER:"WHERE ARE YOU KEEPING THE WEAPONS?"
MAN1:"We don't know anything about any wea-"
JACKBAUER:"WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!"

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
That's quite brilliant. That's got to be a pretty good sound system, wonder what the game was?

Fronken

May 10, 2008
What i dont understand is why they even had to search through the flat, i mean really, they were playing a shooter, meaning there most likely were ALOT of shots fired...and last time i checked bullets leave marks and may brake things...see what im getting at here? :p

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Fronken said:
What i dont understand is why they even had to search through the flat, i mean really, they were playing a shooter, meaning there most likely were ALOT of shots fired...and last time i checked bullets leave marks and may brake things...see what im getting at here? :p
if police actually ever thought this kinda thing through much, the world would be a much, much better place

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
That is hilarious. Amazing. I can't believe this is real. Hilarious! I bet the person who called the cops was embarrassed. I don't see how you could mistake a videogame for a real life gunbattle though, you'd think there'd be some more signs than just that sound. Ahh, Danish SWAT...

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be playing a game and then having a SWAT team come in.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Brokkr said:
I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be playing a game and then having a SWAT team come in.
Really freakin' cool. Imagine telling that to your mates down the pub.

"We got busted by SWAT yesterday! How cool is that?"

Anstrup

Dec 8, 2008
This isn't for real, i'd know, im a Dane living in Denmark. This so can't be real, policemen aren't tht stupid.

AgentSmith42

Sep 10, 2008
Anstrup said:
This isn't for real, i'd know, im a Dane living in Denmark. This so can't be real, policemen aren't tht stupid.
I Live In Denmark As Well And I Have To Say It Sounds Just About Right xD

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Anstrup said:
Someone calls in a panic reporting gunshots and shouting coming from next door, sending an armed response unit sounds about right to me. How would they know the specifics of the situation from one phone call.

No good sending a normal copper and getting him shot.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Must have been one retarded neibour...
Gun shots! they must be shooting the place up! no time to check police!!!

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Then again, you use caps at the start of all your words, so you're less of a credible source :/

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I'm just guessing they'll never use their sound system at even half of it's capacity anytime soon and also this is why I prefer having high quality headphones rather than a high quality sound system around my computer... I haven't heard a TURN THAT DOWN! or SHUT THAT THING UP! in quite a while, tho that also may be because the circumaural headphones do their job of not letting me hear anything more silent than a lightning strike...

Izerous

Dec 15, 2008
Definitely a thing to brag about. My sound system is so sweet the SWAT team busted down my door.

I don't think the gamers would be the only ones with a surprised look on their face. I'd imagine the SWAT team would have also been quite surprised.

This is why I refuse to hook up my Klipsch Belle's I inherited until I move from my apartment into a house.