Fable 2: Knothole Island DLC Released

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fable 2: Knothole Island DLC Released

Knothole Island, the long-awaited DLC for Fable 2 [http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/Default.aspx], is now available, with new goodies for everyone - including Fable 2 owners who don't want to pay for it.

"Meet Gordon the submariner in the Bowerstone docks, where you'll be showered with unique gifts to entice you to the mysterious island," says a post on leaderboards [http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/01/13/dlc-fable-ii-knothole-island.aspx] have been added to the Lionhead website.

The Knothole Island Premium Pack is available via the Microsoft [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024D5307F1?cid=MajorNelson&partner=MajorNelson] have also made available a free version of the DLC, giving everyone a chance to score some loot. The free version of Knothole Island will also be necessary to facilitate co-operative play between gamers who have purchased the DLC and those who haven't, although "the complete Knothole Island experience in co-op play" will require that everyone involved have the Premium release installed.

A Fable 2 Title Update is also available that fixes various bugs and issues associated with several of the game's quests. A full list of changes made in the Title Update is available here [http://community.lionhead.com/blogs/fable_2_development/archive/2009/01/10/3276698.aspx].

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I'll probably end up buying this. I would have preferred that it come out when it was supposed to before Christmas though.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
sorry user name taken. said:
thank god!

i hope it spices things up at the moment i'm trying to get all the gargoyles =(.
I had fun finding those gargoyles. The keys on the other hand were just stupid. Getting 50 keys and then buying the castle for $1 million so that you can get to the 50 key chest for:

A $50,000 reward.

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
I need to restart it. My 360 went to the repair centre just after I'd finished the main story, and I actually got stuck for the first time being completely unable to target those damn orbs quickly enough underneath Fairfax in those caverns.

roekenny

Jun 17, 2008
*yawn* too little too late for most as we moved on and little what will entice me to go back to fable 2.

May 7, 2008
Brokkr said:
thank god!

i hope it spices things up at the moment i'm trying to get all the gargoyles =(.
I had fun finding those gargoyles. The keys on the other hand were just stupid. Getting 50 keys and then buying the castle for $1 million so that you can get to the 50 key chest for:

A $50,000 reward.

i actually enjoyed the old fable more...

over thinking and over pressured by microsoft i think =/

Kyuumi

Jan 12, 2009
I'll probably get this with Age of Booty, since I really want that game, apparently there is a new companion or something like that, or just false speculation.

Extra 100G on it, still not satisfied since I haven't got my Dollcatcher Achievement, only one I needed...

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Brokkr said:
thank god!

A $50,000 reward.

i actually enjoyed the old fable more...

over thinking and over pressured by microsoft i think =/
Agreed. Fable 2 just feels rushed. But I've got m$ points to spend so...*shrug*

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
roekenny said:
*yawn* too little too late for most as we moved on and little what will entice me to go back to fable 2.
My sentiments exactly.

So anyone played it yet? Care to report back, worth 800mp?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Brokkr said:
thank god!

A $50,000 reward.
I hate gold rewards.

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
I'm looking forward to going back one day and seeing just what kind of rent money has accumulated from my kingdom after a month or so.

Probably MORE GOLD THAN COULD POSSIBLY EXIST IN ONE MAN'S POCKET.

Ansem-The-Wise

Oct 19, 2008
Holy crap, I forgot all about this! Anyone know how you get it for free, or is it an option right there on the download menu?

ThePocketNinja

Jan 25, 2009
You Can get you're Dog Back if you want.

good if you didn't Know how much you like it till you don't have it