Planetside WAR! Call to Arms!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Planetside WAR! Call to Arms!

We have been asked to a friendly 3 team free-for-all against our "friends" at BoingBoing and Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Check out this link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/planetside_war] for all the official rules or click on the banner on our front page.

We are looking for 70 of The Escapist's best to help us bring home the gold (there really aren't any prizes but bragging rights and a shiny BADGE). Keys will be given out on January 19th, which is also the first day of gameplay!

Lock and Load People! It's time for Planetside WAR!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Also, thank you to [user]Varchld[/user] was kind enough to look into some possible ping issues if you are not from the USA.

Take a look here LINK [http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?topic_id=88000016707]

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
uhhh this is kind of excitement... its gonna be random? i mean the player selection? does it count the time we've been in the site? who got the idea to do this, i want to play, it sounds like fun, and its gonna be anyone of the staff playing along whit us?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
We are looking for 70 of The Escapist's best to help us bring home the gold!

*Raises hand* OOH! OOH! Me me! Over here! Spinwhiz!

Wait, is it going to be random? That seems...random. If it is, then fingers are crossed!
If not...*Raises both hands* OOH! Over here!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Baby Tea said:
Spinwhiz said:
We are looking for 70 of The Escapist's best to help us bring home the gold!

*Raises hand* OOH! OOH! Me me! Over here! Spinwhiz!

Wait, is it going to be random? That seems...random. If it is, then fingers are crossed!
If not...*Raises both hands* OOH! Over here!
Yup, it is going to be completely random who the 70 are going to be. I will have the ability to yank account keys through SOE if I think people are just in it to screw around, kill themselves, kill each other, etc.

BTW, killer avatar!

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
I'm going to go ahead and be absolutely retarded here but what is it exactly? the whole Terran thing sounds like Starcraft.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Yup, it is going to be completely random who the 70 are going to be. I will have the ability to yank account keys through SOE if I think people are just in it to screw around, kill themselves, kill each other, etc.

BTW, killer avatar!
Does that mean if someone's account DOES get yanked, that someone else will take their place?
Or will our team have a handicap of less people because someone else is a douchebag?

Also, Thanks! I'm wearing it at work today and showing it off to everyone! Except nobody here is a gamer, and they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's like my super cool insiders club or something.

johnt447z

Jan 14, 2009
Fpsmmo, Terran is just one of the factions. Last time I was on planetside it was dead but this could be interesting.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Baby Tea said:
Spinwhiz said:

BTW, killer avatar!
Does that mean if someone's account DOES get yanked, that someone else will take their place?
Or will our team have a handicap of less people because someone else is a douchebag?

Also, Thanks! I'm wearing it at work today and showing it off to everyone! Except nobody here is a gamer, and they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's like my super cool insiders club or something.
I'm actually working out those details with SOE at the moment, but yes, most likely I'll be able to get more keys for episodes of douchebaggery. Not to mention those people also will never be coming back to The Escapist, because their account will get smashed with my banhammer.

johnt447z

Jan 14, 2009
I Just thought this is free right? I mean are they going to make us pay for the time were playing?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
milomalo said:
uhhh this is kind of excitement... its gonna be random? i mean the player selection? does it count the time we've been in the site? who got the idea to do this, i want to play, it sounds like fun, and its gonna be anyone of the staff playing along whit us?
Great questions:
1) Our 70 keys that will go to members of The Escapist community will be random, yes
2) It does not matter how many times you have been to the site
3) Staff will be playing! There will be 5 staff members in the mix: [user]ckeymel[/user], [user]paulgruberman[/user], [user]Kross[/user], [user]CantFaketheFunk[/user], and myself [user]Spinwhiz[/user]

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
johnt447z said:
I Just thought this is free right? I mean are they going to make us pay for the time were playing?
Nope, completely free. All we I ask is that you are willing to put some time and effort in to help us become victorious!

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
johnt447z said:
Nope, completely free. All we I ask is that you are willing to put some time and effort in to help us become victorious!
Thats nice ^_^ even if i don't get a key i might just reactivate my old account and help the escapist crew out for the duration

johnt447z

Jan 14, 2009
Good stuff, I mean I know this is publicity event for Sony but hell free gaming, is free gaming.

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
thank you and i sooo want the badge you have "Escapist WAR! Badge"... and it will look better in gold and next to my other badges