Fan Makes Katamari Dunks

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Fan Makes Katamari Dunks

The humble Nike Dunk has come a long way since the days of college basketball, now they're helping the King of all Cosmos.

Picture the scene, you've got your Escapist t-shirt on, and you're drinking coffee out of your Zero Punctuation mug, you look down and realize that your feet are now woefully underdressed. If only there were some game themed shoes you could wear.

Well now there are, for one lucky lady at least. A doting boyfriend and artist, known only as 'Steve', has created a custom pair of Nike Dunks for his Katamari-crazed significant other. The shoes have Katamari Damacy inspired scenes painstakingly painted onto them; the perfect thing to wear when you're helping to repair the sky.

Royal Rainbow!

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5168388/katamari-damacy-gets-ported-to-nike-dunks]

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I could totaly imagine the girlfriend running down a street with the Katamari Theme Song slowly gaining volume as she comes along nearer and nearer....

nanaaaaaaaa,nananaNaNaNAH, NAH, NAH, NAH NAH, NAHNAH, NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

spyrewolf

Jan 7, 2009
that is a thing of beauty, man they're pretty detailed. perfect for a girl gamer.
wonder if we'll see some mario and zelda shoes soon.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
spyrewolf said:
that is a thing of beauty, man they're pretty detailed. perfect for a girl gamer.
i know ive seen Zekda shoes out there on the interweb.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Skizle said:
spyrewolf said:
i know ive seen Zekda shoes out there on the interweb.
/Goes to EBay

Those are some cool shoes, mate.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Those shoes are actually pretty dang sweet.

Of course, you'd have to pay me to wear them on the street, but a lot of effort must've gone into those.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
speaking of escapist t-shirts, when are those going to be available for purchase? I know it takes time to produce those but I wouldn't have figured it would take this long.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
That is entirely brilliant.

I'd wear 'em. In my area I'd probably get my head kicked in for it, but it'd be cool when the swelling reduced enough to see again.