Indie Developers Showcase, Day 4: Battleships Forever

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Indie Developers Showcase, Day 4: Battleships Forever

Need a little more "pew pew" in your life? Battleships Forever has some to spare.

Read Full Article

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
I really liked it too. It gave me a bit of a Master of Orion feel!
Yeah, It has awesome pew pew effects and the feeling that you get when you hear the boom of an enemy ship is really good

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
i LOVE this game, its very well done, and Addictive, i hope More Ship Designs make it in, but the Custom Content is Great(if you add Enough Flak Cannons to a ship, nothing but Projected Beams can it it really )

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
"... Too often designers indulge themselves in self-serving whims such as trying to make a movie instead of a game. Cinematics are just silly - cut scenes nullify the agency of the player and they're the ones that count. It's saddening to see videogame designers trying their hand at amateur movie making within their games and doing such a mediocre job of it. Our medium has its strengths and weaknesses; it makes no sense to try to make a movie when you're making a game."
Hazzah, agreement against the Final Fanatasy/JRPG crowd!

Anywho, leaving that, a great game, although it kills my laptop :( I really need A graphics card for that - any will probably be better than the built in one.