Noby Noby Boy to See Release February 17

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Noby Noby Boy to See Release February 17

The next bizarre thing from the creator of Katamari Damacy is slithering, eating and excreting its way onto PlayStation Network next month.

If you ask Keita Takahashi, the mastermind behind Namco-Bandai's Katamari Damacy, to Kotaku [http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3171925&p=]), however, Noby Noby Boy is "a puzzle game in which players control a large snake-like creature whose objective is to grow by gobbling up objects (e.g., mailboxes, small animals, houses, etc," where accomplishment is determined by "growing the creature as big as possible and then reporting its length to a character in space."

Outstanding. Noby Noby Boy is a PlayStation Network exclusive and will be made available on February 19 for $5. So should you decide that you don't enjoy a game where you play as a technicolor worm whose sole purpose is eating and pooping objects, at least you won't be out much.

There is more to Noby Noby Boy, however, as Namco-Bandai explains that there's a meta-game element to the title. As players stretch their glow worm to unimaginable proportions, they in turn unlock "new game stages" for all other players online. As you complete various goals within the game, the new King of All Cosmos character, currently known only as "Girl," will grow along with you and the combined length of all PlayStation Network Noby Noby players.

Sound interesting? Fantastic. Now just make sure to check it out or else the rest of us suckers will totally be boned out of new content.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
wow something that actually makes me want a PS3. I really wish Keita Takahashi would make some more games for the 360, but that's probably only slightly more likely than Masahiro Sakurai (kirby's maker) making a game for the 360.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Jared Rea said:
There is more to Noby Noby Boy, however, as Namco-Bandai explains that there's a meta-game element to the title. As players stretch their glow worm to unimaginable proportions, they in turn unlock "new game stages" for all other players online. As you complete various goals within the game, the new King of All Cosmos character, currently known only as "Girl," will grow along with you and the combined length of all PlayStation Network Noby Noby players.

Sound interesting? Fantastic. Now just make sure to check it out or else the rest of us suckers will totally be boned out of new content.

That is awesome! I have to wonder, how long will "Girl" be able to get?

If I have any idea what the hell Noby Noby Boy will be, I'm getting it.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
cainx10a said:
Isn't it the same as playing the "Snake" game off the old gen cellphones?
Yes, in the same way playing the original Pitfall is the same as Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Not sure why you are being so aggressive with your comments, but what I meant was, the core gameplay seem to have been influenced by "Snake", which mind you, I enjoyed a lot. And I haven't played that game in over a 2-3 years, and have yet to see any other indie dev or big name dev, try to bring the game in a different flavor, like this game is certainly doing, which is a good thing.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Cousin_IT said:
dammit PSN stop hogging the kewl games
Hey, the 360 still has stuff to look foward to. Like Crank Dat Soulja Boi....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Don't fret, dear. The PS3 rapper boys will ***** and that'll be ported to you and you'll enjoy the fun too!

I am actually a little jealous though :(

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Radelaide said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Cousin_IT said:
dammit PSN stop hogging the kewl games
Hey, the 360 still has stuff to look foward to. Like Crank Dat Soulja Boi....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Don't fret, dear. The PS3 rapper boys will ***** and that'll be ported to you and you'll enjoy the fun too!

I am actually a little jealous though :(
If we need a rap game, they'll bust out PaRappa the Rapper 3.

The trophies are up. They appear to be completely insane. What else is new?

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2009/01/25/trophies-noby-noby-boy/
All I can say is this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpFFzWPzA2c].