Cruise The Wasteland In Style

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Cruise The Wasteland In Style

That long trek to Canterbury Commons getting you down? Why not take the sting out of it (and avoid Deathclaws) in your own dirigible?

Sadly, the Aeolus Airship isn't available in Fallout 3 just yet, so you'll just have to make do with boring old real life.

The airship was designed by Christopher Ottersbach, a student at the Braunschweig University of Art in Germany. It can stay aloft for up to two weeks on a supply of helium and is steered by way of pedal-powered air screws, allowing its crew of up to four people to quietly glide through the skies without leaving a trace.

The concept craft is designed to be more aerodynamic than conventional airship designs and its svelte shape and fold out prop allows it to touch down in places without airports, like say, the Capital Wasteland.

Source: Treehugger [http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/01/human-powered-aeolus-airship-by-christopher-ottersbach.php] via Gizmodo [http://i.gizmodo.com/5138493/aeolus-airship-concept-can-stay-aloft-for-two-weeks]

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
A steam punk-style airship, you say? You now have my attention. I really want one of these if only to put a couple of my more smug friends in their place.

Me: "So, what are you driving these days?"
Friend: "A Mercedes Convertible my father bought for me after graduation. What about you?"
Me: *points upward*
Friend: "Holy hell, where the crap did that thing come from?!"
Me: "I believe I 'win'. I'll be taking you car's hood ornament as a trophy now..."

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Lateral stability in cross winds, you fail at it.

Airship are not designed like that for a very good reason. It does look cool though.

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
oh yes, I would be pimpin' that like a MF.
Blue flames, uh....spinning...rims? somewhere, i'd find a way.....

COR 2000

Jun 30, 2008
Man, I hope these things become commercially available soon.... Preferably before my birthday...

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
Though in true Fallout Style it should be made of rusted metal and have a radio, mini fridge and machinegun built in. Still, it's really cool. *laughs at regular cars* I'm, up here bitches!!!...I get road rage :S

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Aw, screw you man! You had me hoping for vehicles in Fallout 3 ;_;

Still cool though, nice find.