Bart Simpson Shills For Scientology

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bart Simpson Shills For Scientology

Nancy Cartwright, better known to the world as the voice of Church of Scientology [http://www.thesimpsons.com/bios/bios_family_bart.htm].

Cartwright, who became a Scientologist in 1989, begins the call in Bart Simpson's voice, saying, "Hey, what's happening man? This is Bart Simpson," before revealing that it's actually Cartwright calling. She then announces that she's now "auditing on new OT (Hollywood & Highland Center [http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/Part03/Chp13/pg0247.html] in Hollywood, California. The rest of the message alternates between Cartwright's own voice and Bart Simpson's, including his signature giggle.

While The Register [http://www.thesimpsons.com/index.html] reported that Executive Producer Al Jean disavowed any connection to the message. "This is not authorized by us," Jean is quoted as saying. "The Simpsons does not, and never has, endorsed any religion, philosophy or system of beliefs any more profound than Butterfinger bars."

High-profile Hollywood figures like Tom Cruise and John Travolta are the best-known faces of Scientology, but Cartwright has embraced the pseudo-religion strongly herself. "Before Scientology I had one dream of making a living, from doing voice-overs for animation," she said in 2006. "After I became a Scientologist my abilities expanded so far and above what I originally dreamed that I've amazed even myself." A year later, she donated $10 million [http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gPnwvZQai9c&feature=related] to the organization, outpacing donations from Cruise, Travola, Kirstey Alley and others and earning her the Patron Laureate Award.

A recording of the call posted on YouTube was pulled at the request of Xenu TV [http://www.foxmovies.com/])

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I think it will be better if we just whacked her where she stands.

Someone else will do voice for Bart.

My respect for her = -100.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Why are all the best show characters voiced by scientologists? Chef,bart (actually Dr.Nick is but he is up there)

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Wait a minute. Cartwright's an OT6 and aiming for 7? If my Google Fu is correct, that means she's about to leapfrog Cruise in the hierarchy of the Celebrity Org and become one of its highest-ranked members (sources online claim Travolta's an OT7 and Cruise an OT6.)

What kind of world do we live in where Bart Simpson can become an overachiever at something?

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Abedeus said:

I'm more aggrivated by the fact that they basically gave up on futurama (only making movies now).

Maybe its just me but Futurama is WAY funnier than Simpsons.

Sort of like when they got rid of Firefly to use its budget for Joe Millionare.

Drives me insane what television companies promote and cancel. I mean damn Firefly was ALWAYS sold out at Circuit City back when people shopped there (Believe it or not there was a time).

Likewise Futurama was constantly getting quoted at both my job and at college. When is the last time anyone quoted Simpsons (in my life at least)...I dunno...junior high?

Sorry I got off on a tangent >_>.

I bet Futurama went down because it doesn't promote Scientology! That's it I have something new to blame them for now!

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
SimuLord said:
What kind of world do we live in where Bart Simpson can become an overachiever at something?
I think that just shows how crazy the whole Scientology scam belief system is.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
SimuLord said:
Wait a minute. Cartwright's an OT6 and aiming for 7? If my Google Fu is correct, that means she's about to leapfrog Cruise in the hierarchy of the Celebrity Org and become one of its highest-ranked members (sources online claim Travolta's an OT7 and Cruise an OT6.)

Nothing that will impress a sane person.

Frankly, I wouldn't shake hands with a scientologist. I might as well date a Satanist.

May 7, 2008
theultimateend said:
Abedeus said:

I'm more aggrivated by the fact that they basically gave up on futurama (only making movies now).

Maybe its just me but Futurama is WAY funnier than Simpsons.

Sort of like when they got rid of Firefly to use its budget for Joe Millionare.

Drives me insane what television companies promote and cancel. I mean damn Firefly was ALWAYS sold out at Circuit City back when people shopped there (Believe it or not there was a time).

Likewise Futurama was constantly getting quoted at both my job and at college. When is the last time anyone quoted Simpsons (in my life at least)...I dunno...junior high?

Sorry I got off on a tangent >_>.

I bet Futurama went down because it doesn't promote Scientology! That's it I have something new to blame them for now!
futurama was great because it was new and fresh like family guy with american dad.

futurama got hacked because of the cost of the show...it seems like the simpsons is competing with family guy (if you compare old episodes of the simpsons...i mean like 1st or 2nd seasons)

=/

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
Too bad Bart's a main character. Otherwise, they could deal with her the way South Park dealt with the nameless gentleman formerly known as the voice of Chef. Those were a couple of my favorite episodes.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
sorry user name taken. said:
futurama was great because it was new and fresh like family guy with american dad.

futurama got hacked because of the cost of the show...it seems like the simpsons is competing with family guy (if you compare old episodes of the simpsons...i mean like 1st or 2nd seasons)

=/
I have relatively regular marathons of the 4 seasons of it :p.

again the cost of the show comes back to what I said about firefly. They cancel it to fund some POS reality show.

Dr. Zoidberg was/is a thing of pure genius that I don't feel will be upped by any cartoon character for quite some time.

"Wub wub wub wub!"

Bofus Teefus said:
Too bad Bart's a main character. Otherwise, they could deal with her the way South Park dealt with the nameless gentleman formerly known as the voice of Chef. Those were a couple of my favorite episodes.
I always felt Homer was a far better character than Bart. Bart to me always felt just kind of being there. Most of the supporting cast is more deep than him. Then again the argument comes full circle and I can't really say the show would be the same without him around to get wedgies or skateboard naked (he does do that :p).

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Little known fact - you can make a scientologist very uncomfortable if you just casually talk about how the E-meter works on the skins conductivity, with heightened anxiety increasing said through tiny amounts of sweat. You thn prove this by touching the two cylinders together.
I always found it odd that quoting L Ron Hubbards line about getting rich off making a religion never phases them.

Imagine if Jesus had been quoted as saying "Ha these fools thing I'm the son of god---What the hell are those nails for!" I'm pretty sure somebody would raise their hand in objection.

May 7, 2008
theultimateend said:
sorry user name taken. said:

=/
I have relatively regular marathons of the 4 seasons of it :p.

again the cost of the show comes back to what I said about firefly. They cancel it to fund some POS reality show.

Dr. Zoidberg was/is a thing of pure genius that I don't feel will be upped by any cartoon character for quite some time.

"Wub wub wub wub!"

Bofus Teefus said:
I always felt Homer was a far better character than Bart. Bart to me always felt just kind of being there. Most of the supporting cast is more deep than him. Then again the argument comes full circle and I can't really say the show would be the same without him around to get wedgies or skateboard naked (he does do that :p).
''wub wub wub wub!!'' ~does the walk too~

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
They endorse Buddhism pretty strongly. But then Buddhism is legitimate and respectable.
Indeed, but a Catholic character does say something along the lines of "we all like to have imaginary friends" so they still poke gently at the religion just like they do all others.

Abedeus said:
Frankly, I wouldn't shake hands with a scientologist. I might as well date a Satanist.
Satanism isn't really about devil worship, you get that right?

Basically if you are "sinful" (seven deadly sins here) you are a Satanist in essence: So if you have more clothes than you need, eat more than you should, take pride in your appearance, envy others, are ever lazy etc. etc. then you could be considered one based on what it is actually about.

Just felt I should point that out, seeing as the wording of the quoted post suggests to me he thinks they sacrifice virgin's and have sex with goat's or something else that's horribly cliché.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
They endorse Buddhism pretty strongly. But then Buddhism is legitimate and respectable.
Indeed, but a Catholic character does say something along the lines of "we all like to have imaginary friends" so they still poke gently at the religion just like they do all others.

Abedeus said:
Satanism isn't really about devil worship, you get that right?

Basically if you are sinful (seven deadly sins here) you are a Satanist in essence: So if you have more clothes than you need, eat more than you should, take pride in your appearance, envy others, are ever lazy etc. etc. then you could be considered one.

Just felt I should point that out, seeing as the wording of the quoted post suggests to me he thinks they sacrifice virgin's and have sex with goat's or something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

Check the Theistic Satanism.

Theistic Satanism (also known as Spiritual or Traditional Satanism) is the worship or reverence of Satan as a deity
Psshhhh.