The Escapist Crossword #3

Myles Mellor

Jan 30, 2009
The Escapist Crossword #3

To everyone who was asking for a more difficult puzzle: this week's is a killer. Are you up to the challenge of The Escapist Crossword?

Read Full Article

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Okay I give on this one; got most of them but don't have the time to think about the others. Thanks for the puzzle! That "a wall is one" two letter word was probably the most annoying clue for me.

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
Define "congratulate you". Because I've finished it, and I've got no message. I checked the solution, and it's correct.

Scorched_Cascade said:
That "a wall is one" two letter word was probably the most annoying clue for me.
I had to check four clues. That was one of them. The rest I got from Wiki or Google.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
KBKarma said:
Define "congratulate you". Because I've finished it, and I've got no message. I checked the solution, and it's correct.
Same here...

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
Ah. I believe it monitors when you click on the Solution link. I just did it all again from memory, and a message popped up.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
errrg... This is a fun puzzle, though I'm stuck about 80% of the way through...

EDIT: I'm ashamed that I didn't get "He's Wrathful" without google...
And would "Wall is one" refer to a wall that's not really real? Say, one mentioned in a song?

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
KBKarma said:
Ah. I believe it monitors when you click on the Solution link. I just did it all again from memory, and a message popped up.
Ah, so it does. Thanks for the tip.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
KBKarma said:
Ah, interesting. I didn't realize it made that distinction. Thanks for the clarification. :)

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
Auron555 said:
errrg... This is a fun puzzle, though I'm stuck about 80% of the way through...

EDIT: I'm ashamed that I didn't get "He's Wrathful" without google...
And would "Wall is one" refer to a wall that's not really real? Say, one mentioned in a song?
Think of something that begins with a Wall. It's been in the news. It was in the news in the same way in 1929 *hint*.

And I the Wrathful one was one of the last to get. When I got it, I sat there for a second before laughing out loud.

OneHP

Optimist Laureate
Jan 31, 2008
The wrathful one took me and a mate about 10 mins as well. We thought the last four letters were going to spell...
Kane, so spent some time trying to find the first names of Kane(& Lynch) and Kane(C&C3).

Feb 13, 2008
Tough, I got halfway and then realised I'd have to google the rest. I got Mai's one though.

btw...Wall is one? I know the answer (as I peaked after going through the alphabet), but why?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Tough, I got halfway and then realised I'd have to google the rest. I got Mai's one though.

btw...Wall is one? I know the answer (as I peaked after going through the alphabet), but why?
Why? I'm not sure I understand the question.

Feb 13, 2008
Susan Arendt said:

Aaaah...I've just worked it out. The answer to "Wall is one" is ST, which I took to mean Saint, but I'm assuming now it means Street, as in Wall Street. Unless I'm still lost?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Susan Arendt said:

Aaaah...I've just worked it out. The answer to "Wall is one" is ST, which I took to mean Saint, but I'm assuming now it means Street, as in Wall Street. Unless I'm still lost?
Nope, you got it. You, of all people, should appreciate the play on words. :)

Feb 13, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Nope, you got it. You, of all people, should appreciate the play on words. :)
Heh, I did like the clues, this was a lot easier than last week. And Kylie gets a mention.

(To my shame, 1 across had me stumped as well...)