Planetside WAR! The Escapist is Victorious!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Planetside WAR! The Escapist is Victorious!

After almost a month of training in SOE's PlanetSide, The Escapist met on the field of battle against Boing Boing Offworld and Rock, Paper, Shotgun to determine the winner of PlanetSide WAR!

After the dust settled and the sound of 50mm rounds and bombs stopped ringing throughout the air ...The Escapist emerged victorious!

We would like to take this moment to thank everyone who participated in the PlanetSide WAR! and made it such a great community event. Stay tuned for an awesome video portraying our final day of WAR! in the very near future.

Also, we would like to thank here [http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/05Home?openform] which is a review from CNET.

Thank you again for everyone that put in the hours to help us level the competition. It was almost as if they weren't even there!

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Thank you again for everyone that put in the hours to help us level the competition. It was almost as if they weren't even there!
Hmmm, I can't imagine why...

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Well, we put the hurt on some CN right after we took Old Oshur, so that was bunches of fun!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Also, I promised I would have a pic of me in the HQ2 headset because some people wanted to see what it looked like. I will post those here after I get a haircut :)

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Aren't you guys at the staff hardcore tabletop wargamers? I imagine they didn't really have much of a chance provided you got everyone organized...

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
smallharmlesskitten said:
Do we gat badge now?
That badge is being re-created, so soon :)

L.B. Jeffries said:
Aren't you guys at the staff hardcore tabletop wargamers? I imagine they didn't really have much of a chance provided you got everyone organized...
Actually, we do love tabletop but the community really took the ball and ran with it. I would mention names but I really don't have the time to type out 70 accounts atm. haha I really just made sure things would happen with SOE, Paul brought it all together with the community and Slycne...well, he killed things in mass amounts :)

fix-the-spade said:
Any way to show the stats of the battle(s)?
That is yet to be determined. I've asked SOE, so we'll see what happens.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Congrats guys did you actualy manage to get any full scale battles going or were you all just sneaky ninjas? ;) Also how did you decided who won? Total kills, KD Ratio, captured things or what?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Scorched_Cascade said:
Congrats guys did you actualy manage to get any full scale battles going or were you all just sneaky ninjas? ;) Also how did you decided who won? Total kills, KD Ratio, captured things or what?
Actually, it came down to a final battle in a zone that a GM had to warp us to. We were ready to rock the house! The other teams were so scared to try and take us down that they didn't even bother showing up! lol So, we steamrolled all of their camps and then took it to another zone to wreak havoc...which we did for another 2 hours. It was awesome!

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Danzorz said:
Spinwhiz said:
Scorched_Cascade said:
Actually, it came down to a final battle in a zone that a GM had to warp us to. We were ready to rock the house! The other teams were so scared to try and take us down that they didn't even bother showing up! lol So, we steamrolled all of their camps and then took it to another zone to wreak havoc...which we did for another 2 hours. It was awesome!
Wait a second, the other teams didn't show up?
So there was no real battle?
Sorry but that is a bit sad, I can imagine the other teams throwing a massive party and having the time of their lives while you guys are like "Hah they didn't show up I guess we win!" Sure victory is fun, only if you prove something though, unfortunately they proved something we couldn't they had other things to do, spare time is good, don't get me wrong, but don't you think it's a little suspicious when nobody but you guys rock up?
I think a problem was a lot of people didn't know what the hell they were doing, I know I ran around like a chicken without a head and got rolled by the heavy armor left and right, I ended up just running around and hacking anything I could find. It really wasn't a self intuitive MMO that after about 8 hours I stopped :( .

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Danzorz said:
Spinwhiz said:
Scorched_Cascade said:
Wait a second, the other teams didn't show up?
So there was no real battle?
Sorry but that is a bit sad, I can imagine the other teams throwing a massive party and having the time of their lives while you guys are like "Hah they didn't show up I guess we win!" Sure victory is fun, only if you prove something though, unfortunately they proved something we couldn't they had other things to do, spare time is good, don't get me wrong, but don't you think it's a little suspicious when nobody but you guys rock up?
Well, they knew about it, that's for sure. We all knew about it because I was in contact with all of them.

So, I'll just take it as a win for us due to our uberness. :) As my old coach would say "A Win is a Win"! Also, it wasn't about who won overall. The reason this was set up in the first place was to have a great time with the community, which we did!

Cooper42

Jan 17, 2008
As an old reader and poster here, I thought I'd put my oar in from my (RPS) side of things.

We knew there was a 'special battle' going on. However, whilst a small group of us from the RPS outfit were there at the time, no GM came to 'warp us to a special location.'

Moreover, we thought it was being counted on kills, captures, repairs and rezzies. Seems SOE ballsed that up. Anyway, congrats on the win.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Good for all of you. I have to assume I wont be getting the new badge since I had to drop out? I was somewhat surprised the original badge wasn't taken away, but for all I know you can't do that.

Well in any case I'm happy for the winners, congrats.