Review: Noby Noby Boy

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Noby Noby Boy

In Noby Noby Boy, you stretch, fly, and eat your butt. Why? To impress a girl, of course. Includes video supplement.

Read Full Article

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
This has got to be the weirdest thing iv'e ever seen sence Katamaridami

EDIT: sorry it's Katamari Damacy

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
This has got to be the weirdest thing iv'e ever seen sence Katamaridami
Adding to that, this has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Thought the review was spot on. If I recorded myself shooting things out of my butt I'd probs be locked up!

Great game!

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Out of your butt. Of.

Loved the review though, but I'm struggling not to make various innuendos. Heh, you know me :p

YoctoYotta

Feb 3, 2009
Eating your butt isn't the only way to become whole again, you can also hold down triangle to spit BOY out of the house's chimney, and as long as both halves are on screen (i.e., not falling into oblivion), a TADA! sound will play and he'll pop out in one piece.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
YoctoYotta said:
Eating your butt isn't the only way to become whole again, you can also hold down triangle to spit BOY out of the house's chimney, and as long as both halves are on screen (i.e., not falling into oblivion), a TADA! sound will play and he'll pop out in one piece.
Ah, good to know! Still, if you have the choice...I mean, really, which are you going to pick? Though you likely get a badge for shooting out the chimney.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I'm sorry...

Every time you report your length to Girl, she gets that little bit bigger
How can you even begin to take this seriously? ;)
Never take a Takahashi game seriously. Just have fun.

Probably the best $5 I've ever spent, definitely the best $5 I've spent on a game. It's nowhere near as ingenious as Katamari, but still a lot of fun and maybe more trippy than Katamari. On second thought, nothing's trippier than Katamari.

I haven't broken my boy in half but I did get him wrapped around a cloud & some trees and was actually able to drag it toward the ground. It floated back up before I could get it flush to the ground.

Feb 18, 2009
The fact that this comes from Japan explains everything. Nothing out of the ordinary here, then. It´s just that, suddenly I´m filled with weird respect for Takahashi.

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
Is it sad that it's not Killzone 2, nor Metal Gear Solid 4, nor any of the other high budget, high profile game that entice me to the PS3?

No, it's a $5 game where you can eat your own arse.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
It's games like this that make me want to pick up a 2x4 and whack Bill Gates upside the head. Why doesn't the 360 get beautiful games like this?

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
HardRockSamurai said:
It's games like this that make me want to pick up a 2x4 and whack Bill Gates upside the head. Why doesn't the 360 get beautiful games like this?

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?
Viva Pinata, Braid, Geometry Wars, Castle Crashers, etc. The 360 has it's fair share of charming games as well.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Slycne said:
HardRockSamurai said:

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?
Viva Pinata, Braid, Geometry Wars, Castle Crashers, etc. The 360 has it's fair share of charming games as well.
I think HardRockSamurai means it by "Why doesn't the 360 have unique, strange, but all around beautiful games like this?"
I will give it to you that Braid is a bit unique, same with Viva Pinata but the PS3 seems to revel in games like this. See Linger in Shadows.
Speaking of which have you guys reviewed Linger in Shadows? Just wondering.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
chenry said:
Is it sad that it's not Killzone 2, nor Metal Gear Solid 4, nor any of the other high budget, high profile game that entice me to the PS3?

No, it's a $5 game where you can eat your own arse.
Haha, exactly this. I've always been happy with my choice of console, but then this goes and makes me think "aw, crap, I wants one of them PS3 things".

Also, re: the above... um, Beautiful Katamari, aka the fourth game in the series previously designed by the bloke who made this?