Infinity Ward Taking Suggestions For Modern Warfare 2

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Infinity Ward Taking Suggestions For Modern Warfare 2

Got an idea for Infinity Ward's sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare? If you have a Twitter account, you can give it to them directly.

Bring back taking suggestions [http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Price_(Call_of_Duty_4)] for the game from fans.

If you have a Robert Bowling [http://twitter.com] include "Name one thing you'd like to see in Modern Warfare 2?" and "What are your top feature requests for the Modern Warfare 2 community site?"

Replies have been surprisingly civil if a bit scattershot, with many players asking for more customization options for weapons and perks, lots of yammering about how snipers should have silencers and new map features like dynamic weather changes, which would certainly be interesting. As you'd expect, a question as open-ended as "what do you want?" is basically going to wind up with tons of people just asking for their dream game.

This isn't the first time Infinity Ward has made use of the seemingly ubiquitous social media tool. Last month Browning posted another not-so-subtle tease about Modern Warfare 2's existence when he wrote about wrapping up some voice-over sessions for the game. Browning hasn't been fired yet, so I'm guessing Activision, who already casually mentioned [http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/12/03/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-officially-announced/] the game during a conference, is gearing up for a big reveal at E3.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Maybe if they stop messing about with the whole THE END! type endings like at the end of 4.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
They should take ideas from the TV show "Future Weapons" i.e. cornershot, the handgun that can shoot around corners or the "six-pack attack" grenade launcher (i forget its actual name) as perk weapons along with the RPG-7

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
Interesting. COD4 was an excellent game, but the best part is getting to see a developer accept suggestions via twitter!

I'd like to see varied scenarios and deeper interactions with them. But then again, I guess I should be registering a twitter account instead of posting this here. :p

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
the idea was good, but what needs to happen is for them to select a bunch of people with an Iq above 50, and get their opinions. That way, we wont be:

1. Pulling/Pushing boxes for cover in MW2
2. Using human shields of people temporarily
3. GETTING RID OF FUCKING JUGGERNAUT WAAAAAHH WAAAH WAAAH
4. Using katanas for close combat
5. Using a perk that makes us temporarily invincible

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Just zapped it to them. Would love to see some missions that involve civilians and/or peacekeeping issues that ALSO involve heavy combat.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
My friend always believed they should be able to put different types of bullets in guns, and I'm not going to lie about that being a quite interesting Idea.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I dont have a Twitter account but wouldnt it be awesome if you could personalise your guy in multiplayer. Do you want a balaclava or a helmet with nightvision goggles? Boone hat or knitted hat? It would be good. Id look like Jesse Ventura in predator.

Id like to damage the buildings when I call in air support, even in multiplayer. I

I would love to do something like The SAS did in Iranian embasset seige, Firing in tear gas and fast roping down the building.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Hmm, this is interesting. It's nice to see infinity listening to it's fans.

But to be honest, CoD4 was an almost perfect game, and there's very little I can really suggest. Possibly some more vehical sections, a better respawn in multiplayer ect But theres very little I can think of really.

More Scottish men talking about gillie suits would be welcome though.

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
I think they really need to add a lot of customization to guns and maybe another perk slot for different sorts of ammo, like a slug shot for a shotgun. But as far as customization goes:

1) Options for semi auto, burst, or full auto for guns (if that's how they function in real life)

2) Different barrel lengths for weapons. What if I like close quarters stuff and I only want a 14 inch barrel on my M4, or maybe I like to go for a longer shot and want a 22 inch barrel?

3) Different add-ons for guns, such as a fore grip, different noob tube utilities, like maybe shooting flashes or smoke from the noob tube instead of grenades. Laser sights would be a nice add-on, also heat vision. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE US SMOKE GRENADES AND NO HEAT VISION! It just limits the sight of everyone and makes smokes non beneficial. Also different stocks, rails, and scopes (like a 4x8x scope, instead of just a set 6x scope)

4) More camos, I think if you could create your own paint scheme, or if they just gave a multitude of presets and let you make a logo or something to put on your gun, somewhere visible, it would make everyone's gun more personal. It would also give a sense of accomplishment if the same person keeps killing you over and over and you finally kill them, grab their gun and kill them with it. That would give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

5) I think vehicles such as a Humvee or a light tank could be incorporated. However they'd need to be easily destroyed, like only 2-3 hits from a grenade or 1-2 shots from an RPG (speaking of, there needs to be other rocket stuff than on RPG, like American made bazookas). But anyways If multiplayer got upped to maps were its 10v10 a humvee with a light machine gun, like an RPD, would make a great way to transport 3-5 people around a map and allow for better tactics.

6) Also, I just want to see an insane amount of guns, there are so many guns being used out there by different military forces, id like to see us be able to choose from about 120 different main guns and like 25 pistols. They'd have to have similar stats or everyone would end up using the same weapon set, but I like being able to have a unique looking soldier.

7) I like the idea of being able to unlock different clothes also, possibly different style of gillie suits, jackets, pants, and hats.

In conclusion CUSTOMIZATION AND VARIETY, I wants it. Id like to have a guy in black/grey camo with a ski mask with a silenced FAMAS and Baretta 92fs running around.

damnit...sorry this is such a big post but one last though. A gun should be able to have a red dot scope and a silencer on it. Let us mix some stuff, but keep a limit on what we can mix.

I'm gonna make a Twitter account to send this to them.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Get rid of fucking Martyrdom. The ability to customize your guy for multiplayer would be cool, also Heat vision would rock....then I could be sam fisher....oh yeahhh.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Keane Ng said:
NoMoreSanity said:
I'd like to see more missions like the Ghillie one in CoD 4. That was simply amazing.
Shivers down my spine.
What it was a good mission!
Yes it was, and whoever says otherwise is wrong. It was certainly my favourite level, however, the piggyback ride was a bit annoying at times. Still love McMillian, though. ^^

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Chinchama said:
I think they really need to add a lot of customization to guns and maybe another perk slot for different sorts of ammo, like a slug shot for a shotgun. But as far as customization goes:

1) Options for semi auto, burst, or full auto for guns (if that's how they function in real life)

i agree on that, but you should only be able to do that in the lobby, cod4 used up most if not all of the buttons

2) Different barrel lengths for weapons. What if I like close quarters stuff and I only want a 14 inch barrel on my M4, or maybe I like to go for a longer shot and want a 22 inch barrel?

overcomplicating it, they want the game to be simple, and adding in this kind of customisation would only annoy people

3) Different add-ons for guns, such as a fore grip, different noob tube utilities, like maybe shooting flashes or smoke from the noob tube instead of grenades. Laser sights would be a nice add-on, also heat vision. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE US SMOKE GRENADES AND NO HEAT VISION! It just limits the sight of everyone and makes smokes non beneficial. Also different stocks, rails, and scopes (like a 4x8x scope, instead of just a set 6x scope)

i agree with most of this, apart from the heat vision, its meant to be realistic, and also, what the hell is the point in smoke if everyone can see through it, and if only a few people can see through it, it'll be the snipers, the smoke will be useless then

i personally like the smoke myself

also, the laser vision is just as bad, it would just attract attention, red dot does the same job without alerting people to your presence

4) More camos, I think if you could create your own paint scheme, or if they just gave a multitude of presets and let you make a logo or something to put on your gun, somewhere visible, it would make everyone's gun more personal. It would also give a sense of accomplishment if the same person keeps killing you over and over and you finally kill them, grab their gun and kill them with it. That would give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

how do you plan on doing this? camera takes a picture? maybe, but it would be bad quality, i don't see that working

5) I think vehicles such as a Humvee or a light tank could be incorporated. However they'd need to be easily destroyed, like only 2-3 hits from a grenade or 1-2 shots from an RPG (speaking of, there needs to be other rocket stuff than on RPG, like American made bazookas). But anyways If multiplayer got upped to maps were its 10v10 a humvee with a light machine gun, like an RPD, would make a great way to transport 3-5 people around a map and allow for better tactics.

i say no again, a light vehicle would suck, and there is no way they would make maps big enough to use them effectively, and a heavy vehicle would drown us in power, with the medium cutting it damn close

6) Also, I just want to see an insane amount of guns, there are so many guns being used out there by different military forces, id like to see us be able to choose from about 120 different main guns and like 25 pistols. They'd have to have similar stats or everyone would end up using the same weapon set, but I like being able to have a unique looking soldier.

yes, fair enough, i agree with this point fully

7) I like the idea of being able to unlock different clothes also, possibly different style of gillie suits, jackets, pants, and hats.

this is modern combat, not rainbow six

In conclusion CUSTOMIZATION AND VARIETY, I wants it. Id like to have a guy in black/grey camo with a ski mask with a silenced FAMAS and Baretta 92fs running around.

damnit...sorry this is such a big post but one last though. A gun should be able to have a red dot scope and a silencer on it. Let us mix some stuff, but keep a limit on what we can mix.

I'm gonna make a Twitter account to send this to them.
yeah, there's my response, enjoy, looks like you let excitement get the better of you

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Blue aliens that talk backwards.
Tentacles that rise out of the ground
Low orbital dropships
Bandannas
Bullet time
A Physics gun
2 hour cutscenes
Hadoken!

Grey, lots and lots of grey.

Just some of the things I would love to not see in CoD 6...