Wii to Get Biohazard: Darkside Chronicles

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Wii to Get Biohazard: Darkside Chronicles

Looks like Wii-owning Resident Evil fans might well indeed "be very happy soon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90006-Capcom-Teases-Resident-Evil-On-Wii]," as the latest issue of Japanese gaming mag Famitsu features the announcement of Biohazard: Darkside Chronicles.

With the popular survival horror series' next installment taking gamers to Africa this Friday on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, Resident Evil fans who own the Nintendo Wii might have been feeling rather slighted lately - not least because the bestselling RE4 first made its appearance on the Wii's predecessor.

According to Famitsu, though, Wii owners will not be zombie-bereft for long, and can now look forward to Resident Evil (aka Biohazard): Darkside Chronicles. Judging by the name, it's likely to be another point-and-shoot light gun game a la the previous Umbrella Chronicles, and it will star the protagonist pair from RE2, Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield.

That's pretty much all we know thus far - despite the name, I think it's safe to say that the game will not feature iconic DC Comics villain Darkseid, disappointingly. Even so, stay strong, Wii owners. You'll get to slaughter the living dead soon enough.

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/11/rumor-resident-evil-darkside-chronicles-coming-to-wii/])

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
So... the reason RE2 wasn't in Umbrella Chronicles was because they were hoping to be able to milk the lightgun market with a sequel? Shame on you Capcom...

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
umbrella chron is the first RE game I didn't buy.
I won't buy this either, if its a lightgunner. To quote lukeje, shame on you capcom.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Don't we have enough rail shooters already? Come on guys, that's not the only genre you can sell on the Wii! Hudson made a 10$ FPS for WiiWare and it sold like hotcakes, how about trying something there? Or hell, how about an RTS? Hey Relic, you're already going for small unit counts, how about throwing one of those on the Wii? I'm sure you could at least outperform Battalion Wars ii if you put a proper team on it.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Have Capcom been talking to the boys at Konami recently?

Rail shooters, reboots of reboots and increasingly loose definitions of a Zombie... Just wait for that peasouper to descend.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Lukeje said:
So... the reason RE2 wasn't in Umbrella Chronicles was because they were hoping to be able to milk the lightgun market with a sequel? Shame on you Capcom...
Have you seen the list of Guitar Hero games planned for '09? There are like 9, this isn't surprising for Capcom.