US Wii Supply Finally Sufficient

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
US Wii Supply Finally Sufficient

Three years after the system launched, supply of Nintendo's Wii can finally meet demand, according to retailer GameStop.

Oh, how wrong we once were about the Wii. It's just a fad - nope. You'll be able to just walk into a store and buy one. No, definitely no. Countless midnight campouts and eBay sales since the Wii launched in 2006, the system has remained a hot (and scarce) commodity. Now, as was predicted [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/71064-Wii-Shortage-Predicted-To-Last-Until-2009] way back in 2007, Nintendo's supply of the system has finally caught up with the public's demand, according to GameStop.

"You know, three years later, we finally have enough inventory on the shelf, and we've got a couple of weeks in supply of this," GameStop merchandising vice president Bob McKenzie said. "That's good because we can finally determine and gauge it before we get into the fourth holiday season."

That took long enough, but better late than never I suppose. You can turn off your Amazon alerts, stop checking eBay, go ahead and call your mom/girlfriend/grandma and tell them that they can give their F5 key a break. They can just walk over to GameStop and get their dang Wii. Just don't make any promises about Wii Fit [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/88984-Wii-Fit-Guaranteed] being in stock.

[Via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=211233]]

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Hm, and I was thinking of how to trade in my Wii for something funnier, like an Xbox. *Scratches head*

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Eruanno said:
Hm, and I was thinking of how to trade in my Wii for something funnier, like an Xbox. *Scratches head*
I already tried that (well, I got the 360 in addition to the Wii rather than instead) but it didn't help at all.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Tenmar said:
Eruanno said:
Funnier? You want a game console make you laugh? You mean more fun.
No, he means funnier. It tells funny jokes, like (3 red lights) *dies*

Hilarious!

//I own a 360, love it, and am allowed to make this joke without being called a Sony Fanboy. Also I approved this message.

zagazsano

Mar 19, 2009
Eruanno said:
Same here, except for the funnier part. The Wii kinda got boring after a while. I'm looking forward to Mad World, yet i don't think there's any great expectations for the Wii this year.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
This could mean one of two things;

1) People aren't buying Wii's as much anymore, so supplys aren't as rare.
2) Nintendo finaly got off of their asses and did something about the shortage.

Either is a possibility, but then again, I'm being a cynic right now.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
You'll be able to just walk into a store and buy one. No, definitely no.
It happened for me. Just at the start of the Christmas rush no less.
Maybe I got lucky.
Also, I agree with Jumplion's assessment of the situation.