Beatles Game Will Feature Unreleased Material

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Beatles Game Will Feature Unreleased Material

The Beatles: Rock Band [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.93544] might have some appeal for Beatles fans who are wary of picking up a videogame: the game will feature never-before-heard material from The Fab Four.

The Beatles: Rock Band will undoubtedly introduce the music of like, the greatest band ever, to a whole legion of youngsters who would rather listen to Fall Out Boy than The Fab Four, but it might have plenty of draw for the hardcore Beatlemaniacs who know the band's catalog and history through and through already, too, as the game will feature heretofore unreleased material from the band.

Though he wasn't at liberty to divulge any details, Dhani Harrison (that's the son of George Harrison) said [http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKTRE52B0XE20090312] that the game will include "stuff that has never been heard, never been released." Whether that means songs, song fragments, or an outtake from a recording session with Paul McCartney coughing into the mic and talking about his favorite food, we don't know. But since it's The Beatles, it could be a big deal.

And unlike Guitar Hero: Aerosmith or something, Harrison claims that The Beatles: Rock Band will be "the first one that is going to be totally, historically accurate."

If you couldn't tell, Harrison is pretty psyched about the game, describing himself as a kind of driving force behind the entire project. "My job description is ... being enthusiastic," he remarked. "We've been working on it for the past two years... It's been a real headache, but it's been the most enjoyable work I've done in my life."

The Beatles: Rock Band will be released on Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 on September 9, 2009.

[Via Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/the-beatles-rock-band-to-feature-never-released-material-124605.phtml]]

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
It's probably just some homemades of Yoko and John singing with the rest of the band on back-up. Or a Harrison sitar solo.

grinklehi

Sep 10, 2008
Never before released, huh? I state now that it will be something along the lines of "behind the scenes" video's at the studio that are so boring that they were sensibly thrown out, only to be dug up 40 years later in an attempt to rake in as much cash as capitalisticly possible. Does anybody wish to wager?

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
HobbesMkii said:
It's probably just some homemades of Yoko and John singing with the rest of the band on back-up. Or a Harrison sitar solo.
Ohhh, I'd love a sweet sitar solo in a Rock Band game! This will have to do until the inevitable release of Sitar Hero.....

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Might be the only Rock Band game I want, they had a shit load of great songs but I think they are mostly going to pop all the rocky hits on!

Revolution, Helter Skelter, Back in the USSR, Get Back, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, etc.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
As long as Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band is on the tracklist, I'm peachy with getting this.

nagato

Feb 11, 2009
50 cent: Bulletproof was compleyely unplayable, but still made a huge profit because 50 cent fans bought it for the exclusive tracks.

If the same thing happens with Beetles fans, it might be enough to pull us out of the recession.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
nagato said:
50 Cent: Bulletproof was completely unplayable, but still made a huge profit, because the 50 Cent fans bought it for the exclusive tracks.

If the same thing happens with Beatles fans, it might be enough to pull us out of the recession.
Fixed. Get your unclean grammar and spelling mistakes away from The Fab four.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
I don't care as long it has got the following songs.

All Together Now
All You Need Is Love
Back in the USSR
Can't Buy Me Love
Day Tripper
Help!
I Am the Walrus
Here Comes the Sun

I can go on and on on on on on but you get the point

Nov 5, 2007
"the first one that is going to be totally, historically accurate."

So.... you get shot at the end of the game.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
Knowing the Beatles fanatics I know, and many are younger than you might think, Rockband could easily sell another million kits on this news alone. God only knows what would happen if they convinced Led Zeppelin to do the same thing.

Hexadecimal16

Mar 11, 2009
ShadowKirby said:
"the first one that is going to be totally, historically accurate."

So.... you get shot at the end of the game.
Haha, that's terrible.

But yeah, the 'never-before released' material was probably unreleased for a reason: it sucked. Great way to make money now though.

I love The Beatles, but this is just silly.