Stalin vs. Martians: The Musical Onslaught Continues

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Stalin vs. Martians: The Musical Onslaught Continues

Gamers who enjoyed the "Stalin Loves Disco" trailer for Stalin vs. Martians are invited to meet Ilya Orange, the man who created the game's original score, and to sample another track that will be included with the game by Russian metal band ANJ.

In response to interest generated by Stalin vs. Martians website [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.94902].

Also available on the site is the hilariously Soviet (and violent) music video for "Gorbachev," a song by Russian metal band ANJ [http://www.anj.su/], that features busty Communist beauties, Stalin zombies and a muscle-bound, axe-wielding Mikhail Gorbachev who shoots lasers from his eyes. Appropriately, the track and the "legendary" video will be included with the game.

Stalin vs. Martians is currently in the final stages of development and is scheduled for release in April.

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Haha, okay the last minute or so was better than the rest of the video, but who doesn't love those well fed russian girls? mmmm

Personally, the first video was better, and the song too. If I hadn't had a video to this piece, I'm not sure I would give it a second go.

That said, Malygris, you put out awesome stories for us here.

Scypemonk

Proud TBB Warrior
Sep 26, 2007
*rubs eyes*

What??

To much cofee, to little sleep, keep imagining some game named Stalin vs. Martians (wierd i know), and know a music video about Gorbatjov slaughtering Stalin zombies with lasereyes.

I'm going to bed, sorry if im commenting in a thread about school shootings caused by Peggle commercials or something.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Candidate for "Strangest Russian Song Made for the Video Game 'Stalin vs. Martians'" perhaps?

Also, I never knew Gorbachev carried a battle-ax into negotiation meetings.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Malygris said:
Stalin vs. Martians is currently in the final stages of development and is scheduled for release in April.
I think I just came in my pants a little.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Now that was AWESOME! (Allcaps entirely justified). Can't say I liked the music, prefered the previous effort, but the video more than made up for it.

Sadly the game looked decidedly meh to me.

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
Awesome vid and I especially loved the satire on the Gorbachev years at the end. Nothing says capitalism like bikinis and Coca-Cola and Twinkies raining from the sky.

By the looks of it I'd already be familiar with the interface and gameplay so I think I might have to get this game.

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
Ok, so I was half right about my previous prediction. Stalin not so much beds many beautiful ladies as sexually assaults them until they are rescued by a guy who looks like his name is Lothar or Krunk. Then the iron curtain parts and all dance in a shower of capitalist goods like Coke and Twinkies.

I was close.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I'm not sure about the game, but I want meet this Ilya Orange and buy him a drink. Then maybe he'll turn the world around batshit bonkers for a couple of minutes.