Valkyria Chronicles Gets Three DLC Packs

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Valkyria Chronicles Gets Three DLC Packs

Sega's PS3-only strategy-RPG might never go down as anything more than a cult favorite, but the company's still showing it a bit of love in the form of three new DLC packs coming later this spring.

Valkyria Chronicles has amassed a small but dedicated following even as it has, so far, failed to garner any major success. So you'd think Sony and Sega would be willing to just let the fans keep themselves entertained with their obscure little SRPG, but they're being a little nicer than that by bringing the previously Japan-only downloadable content to English-speaking parts of the world sometime this spring in the form of three packs.

The first pack adds an extra challenging Hard EX mode where enemies get more dangerous but your main tank Edelweiss is out of commission, meaning you'll have to rely on your wits a lot more to come out on top on the battlefield.

Then there are two packs both containing extra missions, one called "Enter the Edy Detachment" where you play as Edy and command an undermanned team of six against a big Imperial squadron, and the other is "Behind Her Blue Flame," which puts you in the shoes of one Johann, an engineer in Selvaria's troops, and "see the war play out through the eyes of the enemy."

"Each of the three new packs will supply players with a brand new experience," Sega told CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=210845].

No word on pricing yet.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Gonna get this game as the price keeps steadily dropping, gonna snatch it up when it hits the £25 mark I think, so DLC makes it more appealing.

Anyone know how much these packs will cost?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
nova18 said:
Gonna get this game as the price keeps steadily dropping, gonna snatch it up when it hits the £25 mark I think, so DLC makes it more appealing.

Anyone know how much these packs will cost?
Sega didn't say.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Sweet, this is probably one of the games that I least expected to ever have DLC. I should probably start playing it again, I'm stuck on the bigass tank guy.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Onmi said:
Jumplion said:
Sweet, this is probably one of the games that I least expected to ever have DLC. I should probably start playing it again, I'm stuck on the bigass tank guy.
The Anime is going to be awesome, this DLC IS awesome (PLAYABLE SELVARIA!!!) let's hope the Anime DOES promote the game more.
There's going to be an anime for it? Yeesh, Omni, you are a true Anime-nut. I salute thee.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Hope it comes out free. Not cause I have the game but I need more arguments to shove into people that think paying for RE5 multiplayer DLC is okay...Damn Capcom leechers!

Anyway always nice to keep games updated.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Onmi said:
Jumplion said:
Onmi said:
Jumplion said:
The Anime is going to be awesome, this DLC IS awesome (PLAYABLE SELVARIA!!!) let's hope the Anime DOES promote the game more.
There's going to be an anime for it? Yeesh, Omni, you are a true Anime-nut. I salute thee.
There are allready pictures around, as you may expect Alicia got a huge boost to her... Ahem Assets.

good good, I don't have a PS3 and an Anime is a good way for me to experiance by proxy.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Those are distractingly huge.

-and how could you not see this coming? The DLC has been in Japan for the longest time. It just needed to get to everywhere else later.

Anyway, after playing this twice, and struggling to get A's on the hard modes, I look forward to this, and don't look forward to "Excruciatingly unfair and hard mode".

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
ElArabDeMagnifico said:

-and how could you not see this coming? The DLC has been in Japan for the longest time. It just needed to get to everywhere else later.

Anyway, after playing this twice, and struggling to get A's on the hard modes, I look forward to this, and don't look forward to "Excruciatingly unfair and hard mode".
QFT Getting A's on all the missions took me forever now they are going to add an insane mode. This game I think has to be one of my favorites if not my favorite of this generation between the story and the game play I just couldn't put it down. Definitely buying these expansions. I hope this is a continuing IP of sorts not so much the same story (although a game of the first war would be sweet) but a continuation of the game play and epic story telling.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Onmi said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Onmi said:
Jumplion said:
I dunno, the Anime looks like its making two big additions that I feel sorta cheapen the whole thing.
We still talking about Alicias boobs here?
Yep.
Like Selvaria's are discreet and modest?

She still doesn't compete with Selvaria.

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
Go to DLC! Go to DLC!

Yeah, I'm an anime nut too, so I will buy all three DLC packs for this game out of curiosity. Could the game get any harder? Is Hard EX mode where you fight the Imperials with rocks and sticks?