World of Warcraft Does The Dew

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
World of Warcraft Does The Dew

Fans of Mountain Dew's inexplicably delicious sugar-filled elixir otherwise known as Game Fuel, your drink of choice has returned. Game Fuel is coming back this summer, in World of Warcraft form.

In the weeks leading up to and following Halo 3's launch, there was only one drink to be drank among caffeine junkie gamers. No more Red Bull. No more coffee. No more Bawls. The one true gamer beverage had arrived, and it was orange-red and had the Master Chief on the can, or the bottle, or the homemade jug that you drank it out of. Halo 3 Mountain Dew Game Fuel.

Sadly, Game Fuel-aholics who couldn't afford to spend exorbitant prices for limited edition sodas on eBay have been without the drink ever since Pepsi stopped producing it. There's been a Master Chief-sized hole in the hearts of many a Game Fueler since then.

However, if you are fueled by game and have a love of, or even just a tolerance for, World of Warcraft, look ahead to this summer, because Blizzard and Pepsi are teaming up to bring the drink back. "In the near future, you'll be able to see World of Warcraft characters in a new place -- the beverage aisle," Blizzard wrote on the WoW site. "We'll be announcing further details in the coming months, so stay tuned."

World of Warcraft Game Fuel will come in two flavors (the Halo 3 drink only had one): Horde Red, which will be for the savage and chaos-driven Game Fueler who craves citrus-cherry syrup in their blood, and Alliance Blue, which will be for those goody-two shoes with a taste for "wild fruit." The bottle designs feature an Orc and a Night Elf, and are emblazoned with the soda's "MTN DEW" logo. Because vowels are so not extreme.

reaper_2k9

Keeper of the Beer
Oct 22, 2008
so they want to encourage ppl to sit on there booties drinking there sugary drink and play their game..nice! (/sarcasm)

I'm a gamer don't get me wrong...but I don't buy soft drinks based on what game they endorse. To me this just perpetuates the stereotype that gamers stay inside and drink energy drinks all day.

Sorry just my opinion...

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
The Halo drink tasted awful, so I don't have high hopes for this one. And why does the bottle look like its full of poop?

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
any thing for a buck it seems, its weird that Blizzard was coaxed into this but they were none the less. I might go and give it a try, might give me some thing to drink to stay up on my late night raids

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
Eeurgh.
Mountain Dew Game Fuel is sickly; It's Live Wire + Pixie stix.
Seriously, ew.
MDX is a lot better, if you're looking for mountain dew flavored energy drinks.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
What's with their new logo, MTN Dew, what are they trying the new hip and edgy thing to get more customers?

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Ewww,
this seems like the kind of liquid I'd pour down my pipes to free them.

Only reason that people bought the drink in the first place was ads and the social exxxtraaavaganza that was Halo 3.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
You know what I like? Mountain Dew.
The stuff that's lime green? Yeah, I like that just fine. What the fuck is wrong with it?
A lime green substance transformed 4 inocent sea animals into this:

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
oliveira8 said:
MaxTheReaper said:
You know what I like? Mountain Dew.
The stuff that's lime green? Yeah, I like that just fine. What the fuck is wrong with it?

I...
Weh...
But!
...YOU WIN THIS TIME, GADGET
Victory is MINE! *insert Final Fantasy victory tune here*

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Ugh...I never liked that stuff...

Maybe I'll try it again anyways.

But the MTN Dew logo's a bit lame.

Ezzay

Feb 28, 2009
oliveira8 said:

[Fanboy]But that made them at least 20 times more awesome than they originally were...[/Fanboy]

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Ezzay said:
oliveira8 said:

[Fanboy]But that made them at least 20 times more awesome than they originally were...[/Fanboy]
But they had him:

Not everyday you find a martial arts master that got infected by lime green substance and end up in NY sewers to help 4 overgrowed Turtles to become ninjas. And you also need to remenber these two

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
reaper_2k9 said:
so they want to encourage ppl to sit on there booties drinking there sugary drink and play their game..nice! (/sarcasm)

I'm a gamer don't get me wrong...but I don't buy soft drinks based on what game they endorse. To me this just perpetuates the stereotype that gamers stay inside and drink energy drinks all day.

Sorry just my opinion...
I'll agree with that. It's like that gamer grub crap

whiteliqht

Sep 7, 2008
Did any of you even try it before? It was the best soda I've ever had in my life. I stocked up enough to have through December, this time I'm not fucking around.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
whiteliqht said:
Did any of you even try it before? It was the best soda I've ever had in my life. I stocked up enough to have through December, this time I'm not fucking around.
This man knows what he's talking about!