GDC 2009: Satoru Iwata Keynote

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Satoru Iwata Keynote

Nintendo's president delivers the introductory keynote for GDC 2009, summing up his company's success in essentially one word: Miyamoto.

Watch Video

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Wow his english is really good, got to give Nintendo props for having good staff. It finally appears as if the Japanese are making their first steps toward the west, for better or worse. He seemed pretty cool and humble, which is a good trait considering the big N's domination on the market.

Also love the way the Japanese bow just a nice change for once

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Nice speech - Nintendo's business approach is very down to Earth, practical, and as we know, successful. Even if they do recycle there games too much ;).

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Wow his english is really good, got to give Nintendo props for having good staff. It finally appears as if the Japanese are making their first steps toward the west, for better or worse. He seemed pretty cool and humble, which is a good trait considering the big N's domination on the market.

Also love the way the Japanese bow just a nice change for once
I'm sorry, what? You say they're 'finally' making their steps towards the West? Ohoho, you're behind by a few decades.

Also, bowing - a 'nice change for once'? This truly leaves me with no words. Have you never encountered the Japanese before?

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Oh, how I dispise Miyamoto for selling out his main franchise (Zelda is still excellent though).
Oh, how I despise Ninendo for selling thier hardcore fanbase out.

I realise I come of anti-Nintendo but I loved the pre-gamecube Nintendo.