PDP Unveils Huge, Vibrating DS Stylus

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
PDP Unveils Huge, Vibrating DS Stylus

Game accessory company Nintendo DS [http://www.pdp.com/index.php], a vibrating input device that's big enough to kill someone.

The device will come in two models, SmartStylus 1 and SmartStylus 2, each featuring vibration feedback based on the movements and commands of the game. But the SmartStylus 2 takes DS stylus technology to the next level with sound and motion feedback as well as built-in LEDs. The motion feedback capability will let gamers use the stylus as a "motion input device," allowing them to do things like "hit a home run by swinging the stylus off the DS screen."

"The technologies offered by both the Gametrak Freedom and the SmartStylus tools are the first of their kind," said PDP Senior Vice President of Marketing John Moore. "PDP is excited to be introducing these new technologies. They will create a new level of gaming that can be enjoyed by the whole family."

The SmartStylus 1 is currently awaiting licensing from Nintendo and is scheduled to launch this fall.

Source: Gizmodo [http://i.gizmodo.com/5184006/well-this-vibrating-smartstylus-certainly-looks-stupid]

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
opened this news item expecting sex toys, left with only an indirect satisfaction

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Oh god, the possibilities for new "interactive" games aimed soley at a certian gender are endless.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
I commend Malygris on not mentioning anything sexual. You have a willpower that many of us do not.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
On a more important note than sexual innuendo...

It looks as if it connects to the DS with a GBA-port device. Seems rather ill-opportune, considering the imminent release of the DSi. How are they going to make it compatible?

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
My small one gets the job done just fine.

Remember: It's not the size, it's how you use it

Fronken

May 10, 2008
I think its great that they make gaming products for women, we all know that gaming is a complete sausage-fest, we really need more women to even it out.