Stolen Pixels #76: Cheering You Up

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #76: Cheering You Up

Various studies have indicated that gamers frequently have low self-esteem, which is pretty much entirely Nintendo's fault.

Read Full Article

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Hehehe, excellent! Poor Wii owners, getting mentally whipped by WiiFit.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Next introducing the WiiFat, the body size-sensitive version of the best-selling game. It gives no exercises more strenous than going to the refridgerator, or driving to the shop to buy cheese snacks!

Halbert

Jul 13, 2008
The WiiFat is, in fact, a mini-fridge you plug into the Wii. You can use the Wiimote to open the door remotely, even!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Dectilon said:
Next introducing the WiiFat, the body size-sensitive version of the best-selling game. It gives no exercises more strenous than going to the refridgerator, or driving to the shop to buy cheese snacks!
The enhanced edition will order pizza for you though, might as wait for that one.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
But it won't allow you to go to the door to get it! You might accidently get some exercise!

Stegofreak

Aug 6, 2008
Dectilon said:
But it won't allow you to go to the door to get it! You might accidently get some exercise!
Looking at the size of the WiiFit box I wouldn't be surprised if they could get a fully functional conveyor belt into WiiFat

lesterley

Jul 25, 2008
Experiencing some angst with your WiiFit, Shamus?

Perhaps you need to get the WiiTherapist.

The controller is your sofa.

Leslee

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Surprisingly, WiiFit is actually fun. A little too fun; you will find your arms and legs sore and stiff after a day of playing the game. Probably does wonders for me though.

As for the whole 'WiiFit Tips' thing, I find them annoying too.

Seriously, all you need to do now is either bash the PC or praise Macs - then you'll have all gaming fanbases pissed off!

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
Lord Krunk said:
Surprisingly, WiiFit is actually fun. A little too fun; you will find your arms and legs sore and stiff after a day of playing the game. Probably does wonders for me though.

As for the whole 'WiiFit Tips' thing, I find them annoying too.

Seriously, all you need to do now is either bash the PC or praise Macs - then you'll have all gaming fanbases pissed off!
I have a better one, assert the supremacy of Linux.

minespatch

Jan 13, 2011
Lord Krunk said:
That happened when I played the boxing portion of sports. Hurt my arm due to excessive punching.

Red Steel 2 also taught me that the wii can make me dizzy, just like that Metroid demo for the DS.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
minespatch said:
Lord Krunk said:
That happened when I played the boxing portion of sports. Hurt my arm due to excessive punching.

Red Steel 2 also taught me that the wii can make me dizzy, just like that Metroid demo for the DS.
(Note the date I posted that)

I found out later in life that they actually call it WiiFit Cramp. Yes, they actually have a name for it.

minespatch

Jan 13, 2011
Lord Krunk said:
I found out later in life that they actually call it WiiFit Cramp. Yes, they actually have a name for it.
Really?! Never heard of it, despite the date of the forum and comic. Why would they make a product like that?

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
minespatch said:
Lord Krunk said:
Really?! Never heard of it, despite the date of the forum and comic. Why would they make a product like that?
It isn't a product, it's a cramp caused by overplaying Wii games.