Windows 7 RC in May?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Windows 7 RC in May?

A prematurely activated download page for the Windows 7 Release Candidate revealed that the full RC would be available for download this May.

Previously, there had been rumors [http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/02/rumor-public-to-get-windows-7-rc-build-on-april-10-2009.ars] that the Release Candidate for Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system would be available on April 10th. Said rumor was either simply a month off the mark ... or, perhaps there was just a delay on Microsoft's part - because we now know that the Windows 7 RC will be available in May 2009.

Apparently, someone pressed the shiny red button a little too soon - the TechNet download page [http://technet.microsoft.com/nb-no/evalcenter/dd353205%28en-us%29.aspx], which formerly linked to the Windows 7 Beta download, was updated to list the RC download earlier this morning.

Said page has since been reverted to the normal Beta page, but you can see all the Windows 7 RC data - as well as a screenshot of the prematurely-updated page - over on ArsTechnica [http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/03/windows-7-rc-download-page-goes-up-early-coming-in-may.ars].

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Catkid906 said:
Hopefully, Windows 7 will be better than Vista.
The beta is better than damn vista. It's on here now, I have been betraying the linux penguin a bit *Shame*.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Ive heard nothing but good things about it where i work, and i work with some serious tech people.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
All I keep hearing is Windows 7 is better than Vista everyone on the net. I plan on getting it when it comes out.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Hopefully it will be worse than Vista, so we can enjoy XP a couple more years.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
For those not completely computer literate, does this mean we have a release date for the finished product or something else?

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
This really pisses me off. I mean, it's great that they're finally released an operating system that is what Vista should have been - but I always get stuck with the "prior" version when they're working on something better.

ME < XP
Vista (hopefully) < Windows 7

In my opinion, when Microsoft announced this, it was like they were admitting "Yeah, we know Vista was really screwed up... BUT INSTEAD OF FIXING THAT, here's a NEW windows that's even better and does what Vista was supposed to!" Like waving candy in front of a kid after you just forced him to eat a plate of veggies. Am I supposed to get excited now?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
WIndows 98 is still the best windows...It looked professional, was easy to use and it actually worked good...

Unlike Vista that looks like a clown circus...

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
I tested this new operative system and from my experiences I can tell that this is Microsoft's best Operative System yet! Windows 7 ownz.
I'll be getting it on the release day.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
If Win7 is released this fall, I may replace my aging desktop. As it is, I'm considering putting a late-beta version on my ultramobile if I can convince myself that it won't crush the poor little thing under its hardware requirements.

-- Steve