Leisure Suit Larry Nipple Slip?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Leisure Suit Larry Nipple Slip?

Is it or isn't it? That's the question observers are asking as they debate whether or not a promotional screenshot for Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust [http://www.codemasters.com/games/index.php?gameid=3021] contains the first nipple-slip in the history of videogames.

It's difficult to tell from the darkly-lit screenshot whether it's an odd bit of shadowing at work or if this is in fact a legitimate, albeit digital, peek-a-nippy. It might seem ridiculous - well, who are we kidding, it is ridiculous - but the latest Leisure Suit Larry game looks more like a desperate last gasp by a tired franchise than a potential hit so it needs all the attention-grabbing help it can get. And if we've learned one thing over the years, it's that nothing gets headlines like surprise boobs.

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_Suit_Larry], the first Larry game made without original creator Al Lowe, but it sold poorly.

Box Office Bust is, unsurprisingly, far more risqué than its Al Lowe-created predecessors but given how videogames have changed over the past two decades it's also far less remarkable than those late-80s releases for pushing the envelope. All-out nudity and sex would never fly, of course, but maybe this is Codemasters' [http://www.codemasters.com] way of slipping one in by slipping one out. So the question remains: Is it or isn't it?

via: Unigamesity [http://www.unigamesity.com/is-that-a-nipple-slip-larry/]

ElderScribe

Mar 20, 2009
Zomg! Nipple Slip, run for the hills!!

It's a Leisure Suit Larry game, sex and partial nudity is a given, i don't see how this is news.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I never knew that I was wasting my life this much, but yeah I can see her right nipple.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
If I take it into Paint.Net and hit the auto-level (which takes all of about 30 seconds, about the maximum amount of time I'm willing to spend on this), I can see a conspicuous dark spot on her right breast, right at the line of her blouse. It doesn't look quite right to be a benign shadow; but then again, at that level of contrast and brightness, it also looks like she has alien eyes.

The question that concerns me most is, did this come from a screenshot, or did somebody go frame-by-frame through a video trailer? I just popped over to Codemasters' site to see if I could answer this question, and all I saw for LSL were three videos to download, no screenshots... ::shakes head::

Spikeyfische

Sep 10, 2008
I think it is all a ploy to generate some attention for the game, since the last one did so poorly. Nevertheless it is still not a big deal... Unless the ESRB makes a big fuss, which would still make some more attention!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
? Not really important to me, but the media will dive on anything they can get, therefore we must hide this.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The original Leisure Suit Larry was ahead of its time in many ways. On one hand it was fairly standard Sierra fare (although that in itself still meant a lot in the mid to late-80s) but by mixing in the "adult" content, which was virtually unheard of at that time, particularly from a major, mainstream publisher, it really set itself apart from the crowd. But what that original game also had was charm: It helped that the whole idea of a mature game was relatively new, but it wasn't just raunchy (it was hardly raunchy at all, as far as that goes) it was funny, it was witty and it was fun to play.

But from what I understand, I don't think the series has aged well.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
oh a slow news day eh? big deal you see nipples everyday for christ sake we all got nipples and there is people still going hungry and people don't care but a animated nipple oh that's one more reason to go postal this is proof that the world is truly FUCKED