Is Max Payne Coming to Xbox Originals?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Is Max Payne Coming to Xbox Originals?

It looks like Xbox Original [http://www.rockstargames.com].

Rockstar's 2001 action hit Max Payne and the sequel, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, may be headed to Xbox Live if the updated ratings on the Xbox 360 [http://www.esrb.org] platform along with their original PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions.

The timing makes sense. Rockstar announced Max Payne 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90376-Rockstar-Announces-Max-Payne-3] last week and since it's been over five years since the last Max Payne game, many - possibly most - 360 owners probably know nothing about New York City's most famous badge-carrying murder-machine and even most veteran gamers could probably stand a refresher course. What better way to build interest in the return of the character than by re-introducing his original adventures?

A Max Payne re-release would be a great start to the publicity machine as Max Payne 3 approaches, to say nothing of the fact that even on its own merits the series offers seriously good action gameplay, particularly at Xbox Original prices. At this point I'd be more surprised if it didn't happen. We'll let you know if it does.

via: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=212072]

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
I've still got to play the first two Max Payne games.

Still, I think I'd rather play them on my PC (which will most definitely be able to run these 5+ year old games) than as an XBLA title.

I mean, I always thought Payne was more of a PC franchise.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
On sentuamessage, a British Xbox live thing they confirmed today that the two games were coming to X box Originals in the "very near future"

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
SomeBritishDude said:
I bought 1 & 2 on the PS2 for £6 a few months ago. Wonder how much they'll be on XBL hu? £15 anyone?
If they're the same as the other "Xbox Original" titles, it'd be 1200 points apiece... roughly $15US. Not bad for a former A-lister.

I love the Originals; that's how I finally got a hold of Psychonauts.

-- Steve

mrjinx

Dec 31, 2008
zoozilla said:

Still, I think I'd rather play them on my PC (which will most definitely be able to run these 5+ year old games) than as an XBLA title.

You would think so but Vista has lots of compatability problems with both Max Payne and Max Payne 2. Wish they would fix ;\

XP should work ok though.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
zoozilla said:

The PC Versions are the definitive versions.

To the above person, they work fine on my VISTA laptop.

Just needed to download a sound patch for the second one.

Anyone with half a brain can fix em.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
The PC versions are great because of the awesome, awesome AWESOME mods. People did -CRAZY- shit with Max Payne 1 and 2.

Still if you just wanna mash some dudes, git it for the xbawx.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Codgo said:
Max Payne 1&2 was always really sloppy on the consoles and no mods. I mean Max Payne Kung Fu mod... it was one of the best mods i've EVER played.

I couldn't get a handle on the kung fu, didn't see that fun. Elements of Style for Max Payne 2 is THE BOMB. It even has a matrix esque bossfight in the hotel where that "head hitman" you kill is an agent, and the sunnfabitch can DODGE some bullets and take a whole clip of sniper rounds to the head. it's probably the only time of the game you meet your equal.

Also the sound effects, visual effects, etc are awesome. Admittedly it's just a complex reskin of the original game, IE no new levels or story...

ratix2

Feb 6, 2008
uhhh, remedy made max payne 1 and 2, rockstar just ported and published them.

also, ive never had any problem runhing either game on vista.