Mar 29, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
-Dragmire- said:
CaitSeith said:
Death Carr said:
it's mind control isn't it

it's gonna be mind control

/sigh
No, that would be too straightforward for a JRPG plot.

Emotions control on the other hand...
The crystals are sacrificing pieces of themselves to be consumed by the people as a way to pacify god so the soulstream is maintained?
OK, I'll bite, which game is that pile of random nonsense from?
Not anything really but the part about gods being responsible over the flow of souls was probably inspired by Soul Nomad(Absolutely love that game).

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Althea, dear, don't EVER adore crystalline beings, they're so different to carbon based terrestrian sentient lifeforms that you can't never aspire to understand their motivations or thoughts.... erm uff (flashbacks to people saying "god works in mysterious ways", church saying "god is inscrutable") nothing, go ahead, at least they're palpable.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Transdude1996 said:
Out of curiosity, am I the only one thinking that "Not-Seph" will turn out to be good guy?
As in "good person"? I don't think so, as in "good enough to be presidential candidate"? maybe

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Transdude1996 said:
Out of curiosity, am I the only one thinking that "Not-Seph" will turn out to be good guy?
If Not Seph turns out to be a good guy it'll only be in a flashback before he became addicted to this Not Crystal Pepsi. But if he is some sort of Anti-Hero right now I expect him to be killed off soon.
Actually I expect both him & Gunny to be killed off soon via some sort of mind controlled suicide.

Transdude1996

Mar 18, 2014
Jacked Assassin said:
Transdude1996 said:
If Not Seph turns out to be a good guy it'll only be in a flashback before he became addicted to this Not Crystal Pepsi. But if he is some sort of Anti-Hero right now I expect him to be killed off soon.
Actually I expect both him & Gunny to be killed off soon via some sort of mind controlled suicide.
I was figuring that they'd defeat both Gunny and Not-Seph, break them free of the crystals, and he'd have some quick story about how he knew they were evil, but become mind controlled before he could tell anyone.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
enginieri said:
So the motive is .. They can emit bright light?? Holy Moly!

Wait
Well, they are the embodiment of light after all.

OT: So, why did the crystal send Althea (as well as Erin, Gunny, and Rad) to the resistance? Just to be their sub-par healer?

Seems like they would have gotten more out of her by bringing her to their side and having her embrace her fiery side.
Well, can't run an evil corporation without making REALLY dumb decisions I guess. ;p

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Imp Emissary said:
OT: So, why did the crystal send Althea (as well as Erin, Gunny, and Rad) to the resistance? Just to be their sub-par healer?

Seems like they would have gotten more out of her by bringing her to their side and having her embrace her fiery side.
Well, can't run an evil corporation without making REALLY dumb decisions I guess. ;p
Hmm, might be a "control the resistance from the inside" kind of thinking. Like maybe they figured there was always going to be a resistance of sorts(incoming players) so what better way to make sure they don't mess up your long term plans then directing them in the wrong direction? Like sure go get killed fighting a soda company with it's own army/OP merc for hire, just be sure to take these pesky heroes that randomly show up with you. The crystals maintain their hold on the world since the players rage quit from losing to a game they can't win, and the remaining resistance are either useless, minor threats or at best never reach their potential type characters like Althea. Like she had to luck out in Rad having the spellbook along with not knowing how to use it, if he was even remotely active with the book she is way too polite to ask to use it herself. If I was a evil crystal that was cherry picking resistance members I would happily bet against the very long odds that she actually become someone worth worrying about, especially since she was already completely devoted to them.
Oh and just for extra evil points they're gimping the resistance further by making sure their healer wasn't up to the job that her team is counting on her for.

On the other hand she was on the evil side she would be a boss that the heroes can take down and they might have found a good healer since they didn't have Althea filling up the slot. As much as I hate to bash Althea she really was the "best" candidate the evil crystal could pick for their (possible) evil plan of gimping the resistance. Bad solo healer, check. Waste of a party slot, check. Totally naive and devoted to them, triple check. Having her on the opposing side helps them much more than having a extra boss when Not-Seph is already seemingly unstoppable.

OK that went a little long, for some reason I just ran with the idea. :p

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Transdude1996 said:
Jacked Assassin said:
Transdude1996 said:
I was figuring that they'd defeat both Gunny and Not-Seph, break them free of the crystals, and he'd have some quick story about how he knew they were evil, but become mind controlled before he could tell anyone.
But if they get broken free from the crystals how healthy would they be to then fight the crystals? After all both of them lost arms & there is no guarantee they won't start to bleed all over the place without their crystal arms.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Tiamattt said:
Imp Emissary said:

Hmm, might be a "control the resistance from the inside" kind of thinking. Like maybe they figured there was always going to be a resistance of sorts(incoming players) so what better way to make sure they don't mess up your long term plans then directing them in the wrong direction? Like sure go get killed fighting a soda company with it's own army/OP merc for hire, just be sure to take these pesky heroes that randomly show up with you. The crystals maintain their hold on the world since the players rage quit from losing to a game they can't win, and the remaining resistance are either useless, minor threats or at best never reach their potential type characters like Althea. Like she had to luck out in Rad having the spellbook along with not knowing how to use it, if he was even remotely active with the book she is way too polite to ask to use it herself. If I was a evil crystal that was cherry picking resistance members I would happily bet against the very long odds that she actually become someone worth worrying about, especially since she was already completely devoted to them.
Oh and just for extra evil points they're gimping the resistance further by making sure their healer wasn't up to the job that her team is counting on her for.

On the other hand she was on the evil side she would be a boss that the heroes can take down and they might have found a good healer since they didn't have Althea filling up the slot. As much as I hate to bash Althea she really was the "best" candidate the evil crystal could pick for their (possible) evil plan of gimping the resistance. Bad solo healer, check. Waste of a party slot, check. Totally naive and devoted to them, triple check. Having her on the opposing side helps them much more than having a extra boss when Not-Seph is already seemingly unstoppable.
OK that went a little long, for some reason I just ran with the idea. :p
You make some fair and good points. =w= b

Still, I don't think anyone can say their plan didn't backfire on them.

>:D

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
sageoftruth said:
I'm curious to find out why the crystals sent everyone to stop the cola production in the first place. Perhaps the crystal Erin met was an outlier who disagreed with the plan?
It was larger than this one...but it was still a jerkass, so it's hard to tell. Maybe that's just how all crystals act.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Imp Emissary said:

I'm thinking it was so that some of the Shard employees (see Not-Seph there) would be forced to use the soda in large quantities to strengthen them, and therefore accelerate the rate of crystal growth and/or make it easier to mind control them.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Huh, "Kill God" came up in the quest log sooner than I thought.

The Rogue Wolf said:
"It was for this swank desk I've got. Look at it! That's some muthafuckin' quality right there. Sweet desk lamp, too."
[Yama]Mahogany[/Yama]

karkashan

Corrin Married Xander
May 4, 2009
I am getting such a major Final Fantasy XII vibe from this arc all of a sudden....

praisegrima