159: Not Just Another Pretty Face(plate)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Not Just Another Pretty Face(plate)

"Xbox 360 owners can personalize their consoles by swapping out the removable plate that snaps on to the front of the unit. You can find faceplates featuring art from games like Assassin's Creed or a simulated wood grain finish quite easily online or in retails stores. Other, more exotic designs are available from Japanese sellers. True collectors lust after the limited edition faceplates that PR firms hand out at industry events such as E3 - they often go for big bucks on auction sites like eBay. But why settle for something ordinary or pay a fortune for a limited edition model when you pay a pittance for something that's truly one of a kind?"

Read Full Article

Lupie

May 14, 2008
Oh, god, I *really* want to give that a go, now! I wonder where one buys blank face-plates? I have this amazing idea to creep my NextBox-owning housemate out...

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Very good article Susan, you've given me inspiriation to make something useful from my spare, broken 360. Hopefully that something will be art! Probably not though.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
"There were lots of Photochopped submissions, but no one actually made a faceplate, so I did."
Interesting typo, or is it?
It's what Ed said, so it's what I wrote. Grammatically incorrect, true, but I figured it was enough of a part of the vernacular to be acceptable.

Also, I totally want an Escapist faceplate.

Feb 13, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
"There were lots of Photochopped submissions, but no one actually made a faceplate, so I did."
Interesting typo, or is it?
It's what Ed said, so it's what I wrote. Grammatically incorrect, true, but I figured it was enough of a part of the vernacular to be acceptable.

Also, I totally want an Escapist faceplate.
I've just got a mental image of a couple of sweaty engineers stealing photos off the streets, and welding them together as if new.
"Yeh, sure guv, it's Britney Spears in Primark. Saw it myself I did."

And you know a Yahtzee faceplate would sell like...a thing that sells a lot.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
gimme that damn faceplate

or make a zp one

and what I would give for a custom counterstrike one

All this is banking on the fact they I might be getting a 360

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
the monopoly guy said:
Susan Arendt said:
That is stupid amounts of hot.
how do you mean, hot as in tempurature or hot as in "ooh, baby check out that hard drive"?
The latter...though, given that it's a 360, I suppose both are applicable.
which is why I had to answer the question, still with that bit chunk of the side missing it might not get quite so hot

Feb 13, 2008
the monopoly guy said:
Susan Arendt said:
the monopoly guy said:
Susan Arendt said:
That is stupid amounts of hot.
how do you mean, hot as in tempurature or hot as in "ooh, baby check out that hard drive"?
The latter...though, given that it's a 360, I suppose both are applicable.
which is why I had to answer the question, still with that bit chunk of the side missing it might not get quite so hot
Look better as a suit recharge station. :)

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
And the beauty is, when the RRoD comes a-calling, you can just snap it off and put it on your next one. And your next one after that. And so on.