Mega Man Rap Battles the Robot Masters

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mega Man Rap Battles the Robot Masters

Pfft, the Mega Buster is so 2008 - Capcom's classic Blue Bomber is taking on the eight Mega Man 2 Robot Masters in a rap battle set to the beloved game's soundtrack.

(Warning: Lyrics may be NWS)

We all know that Mega Man is a man (er, robot) of many talents. He can jump, he can slide, he can charge his arm cannon and steal the powers of any bosses he defeats, he can even throw out a Hadoken or a Shoryuken when need be (also, he dies if he so much as brushes a fork, but that's besides the point).

However, The Adventures of Duane and Brando [http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAdventuresOfDnB] has shown the public one of Mega Man's lesser-known skills: He can spit white-hot rhymes with the best of 'em.

Mega Man's rap battle takes him (and us) through remixes of the timeless and totally badass soundtrack of Mega Man 2, from the classic title screen music to Dr. Wily's Stage 1. Mega Man 2 is considered by many to have the best music in the series - and some of the best 8-bit music ever, period. The lyrics are clever, the music is awesome, and it'll make you feel nostalgic ... even if you never played the old-school Mega Man games. Well, maybe. I can't promise on that last part.

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/31/midnight-movie-the-mega-man-rap/])

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Oh wow. I can't think of anything more awesome than this right now.
(yer mother) Teehee.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Brotherofwill said:
My ears started hurting after around 30 seconds of this.
Of the video, or of the rap? If the former, you missed the good part :p

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Brotherofwill said:
My ears started hurting after around 30 seconds of this.
Of the video, or of the rap? If the former, you missed the good part :p
The rap obviously

The soundtrack is so classic, if I were to insult it I'd sure end up in video game hell :p

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
This and their Final Fantasy Rap are actually about equal. Saw this at Halolz a few days ago, and watched the rest of their vids (The Ninja Gaiden one is short and sweet).

Still, this was the first if their vids I saw, so I particularly fond of this one.

Edit: The rest of their vids is on their other account. Here's a link.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingBrand0

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Well that is going to get a lot of playtime on my laptop.
Possibly the best thing I've seen all month, which isnt hard cause its only the 3rd...

NinjaKirby1322

Feb 25, 2009
Proof that sometimes boredom can produce awesomeness. I loved every second of it, especially the Air Man and Crash Man segments. Bookmarked, downloaded and will be watched every week.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
As a person that does comedic rap on the occasion, I find this godly. I was fucking dying.