Super Nintoaster!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Super Nintoaster!

An enterprising modder has crammed a Super Nintendo into a toaster, helping to dispel a myth that case mods are for PC owners only.

Following on from the original Nintoaster, Richard Daluz decided that a mere eight bits simply weren't enough, and so went for the whole sixteen!

The Super Nintoaster is gleefully silly and if you're like me and have a spare SNES kicking around - that's right, a spare SNES - The Super Nintoaster might just be something that you want in your life.

In the words of William Gibson "The street finds its own use for things."

Source: Gizmodo [http://i.gizmodo.com/5178632/super-nintoaster-is-the-crispiest-snes-mod-yet]

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
That is pretty snazzy. I'd love to make my systems into a toaster. And yes, if it still made toast, that'd be pretty intense. But still awesome nonetheless.

DeleteMe1112311

Sep 18, 2008
...I want one.

But yes, I really do wish that it could still make toast...kinda seems like a waste of a toaster considering the SNES' value...

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
I want. But I do wish it made toast.
If you want a console that can toast bread, you need to get yourself an Xbox360.. hur hur

I'm so sorry.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
nilcypher said:
Which William Gibson is that? The dead play writer or the Canadian cyberpunk novelist? (Guessing the latter. In which case, you have excellent taste!)

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
Which William Gibson is that? The dead play writer or the Canadian cyberpunk novelist? (Guessing the latter. In which case, you have excellent taste!)
The cyberpunk novelist, and thanks!

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
nilcypher said:
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
The cyberpunk novelist, and thanks!
Awesome. I'm currently working my way through his most recent, Spook Country.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Soxfan1016 said:
...I want one.

But yes, I really do wish that it could still make toast...kinda seems like a waste of a toaster considering the SNES' value...
I think that's an insult towards the SNES, so I will respond with the proper belligerance and intollerance of a fanboy... or not.

Seriously though, I wish to ask you if the "SNES" value is a deridation, and if so, why? The SNES is my 3rd favorite system, and I am interested in your reasoning as to why. Also, I'd like to apologize for my formalness, but I am part of a global discussion online, and I have to be really formal in it, and I've been doing it for an hour, so I'm stuck in formal mode.

On to the video. I actually saw this a bit back (the day he posted it), because when I saw his video for the "Super Genintari," about a month after he posted it, I subscribed. Still great.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Great vid, though i did like the NES one better seeing as you showed the the intricate details needed for building it, i do believe a glass of wine and a hammer was the tools needed...and it was awesome ^^

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
nilcypher said:
Super Nintoaster!

An enterprising modder has crammed a Super Nintendo into a toaster, helping to dispel a myth that case mods are for PC owners only.
Since when were they Pc only? I have seen many console mods.
has nobody heard of 360 in a laptop?

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
When he pushed the bread... er... game start button, I literally burst out laughing. Must. Have.

ratix2

Feb 6, 2008
johnman said:
nilcypher said:
Super Nintoaster!

Since when were they Pc only? I have seen many console mods.
has nobody heard of 360 in a laptop?
exactly. its more prevalent with the pc where you dont void your warranty and potentially kill your system, but i remember when my cousin was modding his n64 to look like bomberman back about a decade ago.