Doctor Who Plot Details In Episode Titles?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Doctor Who Plot Details In Episode Titles?

Has Russell T. Davies hidden clues in the title of the next Doctor Who episode?

The Easter special of Doctor Who aired in the UK last night and after the episode had wrapped up, astute Doctor Who fans have noticed that the title of the next Doctor Who episode - The Waters of Mars - is an anagram of 'War of the Masters', which might just mean the return of John Simm as the Master.

While this may sound like crazy talk from tinfoil-hat-wearing-conspiracy-theorists, it's no secret that Davies likes his anagrams, Torchwood - an anagram of Doctor Who - is proof of that, and it's likely they'll want to give David Tennant - who has drawn in consistently high viewing figures - a big send off and who better than the Doctor's arch-nemesis, the Master? Fans have also noted other clues that suggest the Master, but for the sake of those who are yet to see the Easter special, I'll keep those to myself.

Or course, it could just be a coincidence, as the episode preview for The Waters of Mars shows that it has plenty of water in it, and is presumably set on Mars. Or it could just be that we're barking up the wrong tree, after all, 'The Waters of Mars' is also an anagram of 'Wash A Ferret Most' or 'Her Swarm of Teats.'

Source: i09 [http://io9.com/5208279/doctor-whos-next-title-teases-anagram-addicts]

QuadrAlien

Mar 20, 2008
RougeWaveform said:
Didn't they already kill the master off?

Oh that's time.. Time travel.
Come, now. Next you'll be saying the Daleks have actually been wiped out this time.

jim1398

Nov 26, 2008
I seem to remember there being a story in one of the papers that John Simm would be returning as the Master, although I don't remember if it said he would be in the specials or the new series. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in Tennant's last episode.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
John Simm has been spotted on the set for Dr Who. Also We may see a return of Donna Noble.
The tenth doctor will be killed in an exploding TARDIS Incident

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
QuadrAlien said:
RougeWaveform said:

Come, now. Next you'll be saying the Daleks have actually been wiped out this time.
yeah if the Daleks can survive a time vortex in there heads and sending them to hell. and human daleks they can survive genocide.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
The correct anagram is 'Her Swarm of Teats'. Donna Noble becomes a Time Lord and convinces the Daleks to take up motherhood in order to understand the resilience of the human race. Robotic mammaries galore.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
I'm actually pretty certain it would be The Wars of the Master. There's only one Master, and a singular war is far too small and petty for him. After all, he could've just made it "The Water of Mars" if he wanted it to be the War of the Master.

However, being soft-sci-fi, it's always possible there's more than one Master. Both time-travel duplication and cloning are at his plausible disposal.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
I definetly belive that Mr. Master will return, the scene after tennant burns the corpse of the Master. The woman picked up the ring that the Master wore. Spooky stuff.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
your all wrong, the arch nemisis is K-9, remember the old rule (its always the silent ones)

Feb 13, 2008

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
QuadrAlien said:
RougeWaveform said:

Yeah, but they always find a way to bring the Daleks back. This time they'll have just escaoed to another parallel dimension.