Halo 3 Players Kill Ten Billion Covenant

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Halo 3 Players Kill Ten Billion Covenant

Congratulations, Halo 3 players. Your merciless souls, drained of any respect for life by the horrors of galactic warfare, have killed ten billion Covenant.

The Covenant may be heartless aliens with ugly mouths and squat for brains, but hey, they have hearts too. And brains. And souls. I don't meant to sound like a hippie or something here, but when I look into the eyes of you Halo 3 players, I see nothing but cold, dead killing machines. Show me a group of humans that could amass a Campaign mode kill count of ten billion dead Covenant [http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=TenBillionKills]. Show them to me.

It's not just the number that's staggering, it's the efficiency with which Halo 3 players completed this horrifying act. According to Bungie, there are over 17,500,000 Covenant killed per day, or, in other terms, 730,000 killed an hour, or, 12,000 killed a minute. Simply astounding.

Of course, Bungie, being the sadists they are, as they must be to have engineered a game that could make possible such atrocities, are reveling in this "accomplishment." They've concluded that were "we able to lay the corpses of the fallen Covenant in some kind of gruesome, macabre ring around the circumference of the Earth, we'd have to make the trip some 456 times." Those bodies would stretch across 11,363,636 miles.

Even worse, they see this not only as a landmark but a launching pad for more death. "Mighty fine work," they said. "Here's to ten billion more." And the halls of Xbox Live will run neon blue with the blood of thousands of grunts slain.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Okay, holy shit. This almost made me forget Halo was boring as hell.
That is an awesome amount of death.
Yeah. This, in tandem with Noby Noby Boy, make me think how cool a universal stat tracker would be for many games. Kind of like GTA's personal stats - murders, robberies, cash stolen, hookers beaten to death, etc. - but for the entire player base of that game. It wouldn't work as a Noby Noby Boy system, what with it being a main aspect of gameplay, but more as a superficial thing to glance at now and then and say "Cool. We've killed seven billion and four aliens, and counting."

scape

Mar 4, 2009
They're just trying to make this boring game abit more interesting with crappy facts.
It's like buying a fortune cookie for the cookie, kind of. No, actually, it isn't, but still!

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Reagenomics!

To quote a Mister Micheal J. Caboose:
"Your Toast Has Been Burnt, and No Amount Of Scraping Will Remove The Black Parts! "

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Now let's see Microsoft come up with a way for all those Halo players to make that number of kills in one multiplayer campaign, and I'll really be impressed.

I wonder if the Covenant has officially replaced Nazis as the hated game enemy of choice?

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Actually, given the popularity of the game, I am kind of surprised that it took this long to kill that many Covenant.
Anyone else ready for Halo 4: the burying of the bodies?