The Escapist Show: Episode 24: Alpha Protocol

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Episode 24: Alpha Protocol

This week on The Escapist Show Russ goes deep undercover in Obsidian Entertainment to get a sneak peak at Alpha Protocol and interrogates Senior Producer Ryan Rucinski.

This week's musical guests:

Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"
DJ Drunken Master [http://www.djdm.com] - "A Bloody Crush", "Here Be Tigers" and "M6D (Robs Pistol Mix)"
Younnat [http://www.younnat.com] - "Rotations"

Watch Video

Aramax

Sep 27, 2007
The black betty kitty at the end must be some inside joke or something... Took me by surprise.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Aramax said:
The black betty kitty at the end must be some inside joke or something... Took me by surprise.
Me as well, I was looking away from the screen and then that thing appeared.
Good video, interesting game, but a good return of the outtakes.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Aramax said:
Indeed!

As for the rest of the video, looks like an interesting game - we'll see. And I wonder what Russ' pickup line was...?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I've been super excited about Alpha Protocol for awhile now. A "spy" RPG is a great idea and Obsidian does do good work, despite their recent riding on Biowares coattales.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Aramax said:
George was annoyed that I didn't give him a credit for some video or another. So I told him to do something special on his credit for this episode of TES. Hilariously, he actually did.

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
THE DDK REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN! IT CAN NOT BE STOPPED! ALL HAIL DDKR!!! SPREAD THE WORD ON ALL MEDIA OUTLETS!

*dance dance kitten revolution

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
7:38 deserves a lolwut of its own... and how do you kill someone with a turd? :S

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Story-driven action RPG has been done before (and well, like Beyond Good & Evil for example), but it's certainly not done very often (and some of the other attempts have been horrible failures). Here's hoping that Alpha Protocol turns out better :)

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Rumor has it that the DDKR MMO will be out this summer. At least thats what I saw on the internet.

DDKRMMORPG!

Finally, the WoW killer we've all been waiting for!

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Action movie news always bothered me. When was the last time you heard about a "leading arms dealer" being killed? It's about as plausible as the magic "rumor" which people can pick up without anyone being the original source.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
George Palmer said:
Episode 24: Alpha Protocol

This week on The Escapist Show Russ goes deep undercover in Obsidian Entertainment to get a sneak peak at Alpha Protocol and interrogates Senior Producer Ryan Rucinski.

Watch Video
Dear Mr.Palmer,
I must inform you that you're very awesome.

Sincerely yours, George Anonymous