The Fart-O-Matic Twitter Chair: Tweet Your Toots

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Fart-O-Matic Twitter Chair: Tweet Your Toots

Anyone who says the End of Days is not upon us is obviously unaware of the latest advancement in cutting-edge business technology: An office chair that will Twitter [http://twitter.com/] your farts.

"The Twittering office chair 'tweets' (posts a Twitter update) upon the detection of natural gas such as that produced by human flatulence," internet fartstar Randy Sarafan wrote on Instructables [http://www.instructables.com/id/SL9M3THFQCTM6PE/]. "This is part of my commitment to accurately document and share my life as it happens." The chair posts witty little messages like "He farted right on me again," "I wish I were some other chair" and "Someone please disassemble me" whenever it gets fed an air biscuit.

The design of the chair is actually quite complex, requiring materials including a Squidbee wireless transmitter and receiver pair, a 50k trimpot, various power tools (including, preferably, a laser cutter) and a natural gas sensor. Assembly of the Fart-O-Matic Twitter Chair takes only 19 ridiculously complicated steps, after which you too will be able to effortlessly tell the whole world every time you step on a frog.

What would possess a man to put such time and energy into building a chair that automatically tweets his canary-killers is a question for minds greater than mine. All I know is this: Close to 3000 people have signed up to follow his OfficeChair twitter page [http://twitter.com/officechair]. The end of the world is surely nigh.

via: Gizmodo [http://i.gizmodo.com/5211135/man-builds-chair-that-tweets-his-farts-single+handedly-justifies-twitters-existence]

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
The only thing more beguiling than someone Twittering his flatulence is other people subscribing to his feed.

Jesus, what has the world come to? Next, we'll see Fox News report on this very serious matter, proclaiming that it "teaches kids the wrong things concerning public gas-passing".

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Internet Kraken said:
Seriously?

This sounds like a Family Guy joke.
"Peter, why the hell is there a dead animal in the kitchen?!"

"Oh Lois, you think that's bad, remember the time I built that Fart-O-Matic Twitter Chair?"

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
It's about 14 days late.

Please, tell me this is a joke, and he just wrote a script to randomly tweet, and the pictures are doctored. Please.

I don't even want to pretend that it's real, because then I might have to consider what the next logical step might be, and I do NOT want to go there...

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
This would have been much easier if he had just installed a microphone in the chair and recorded the farts. Some simple sound processing would easily detect gas and then tweet not just a stupid quote, but the actual sound file. This was obviously over engineered by some EE. A software guy would never have gone through all that trouble for inferior results.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Alright I lost faith in humanity again. Because we definetly need these things more than children in third world countries need schools and food, right? (/sarcasm)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Priorities.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
I suddenly get the urge to ignore Twitter to death.
Anyone with me?
I've been ignoring it, hell, I don't even know what it is, besides some myspace thing.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
mydogisblue said:
Internet Kraken said:
Seriously?

This sounds like a Family Guy joke.
"Peter, why the hell is there a dead animal in the kitchen?!"

"Oh Lois, you think that's bad, remember the time I built that Fart-O-Matic Twitter Chair?"
Oh thank you, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I salute you good sir XD